X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ST201314 View Post
    Rewatched both Canelo-GGG fights.

I scored both for GGG, but I really have no problem with a split draw and majority decision for Canelo. Each fight (especially the 2nd) had rounds that could've easily gone either way. My only problem is still the terrible 118-110 scorecard in the first fight because it just seems fishy to this day. Regardless, they were both entertaining fights and I could easily see how they both could've been draws or gone to either fighter in a close decision.
    - -Boxing scoring nontransparent deliberately set up assss backward for wagering insiders.

The key is even rds. Every major pro sport has offensive stretches where they don't score offensively, but not boxing.

Even rds go to the money fighter, hence the fan outrage almost always matches that scoring margin.

For the first fight I had Canelo by a point which is near the draw with fans mixed equally, a fair result.

2nd fight Canelo stakes out ring center and keeps knocking GGG out of it, so I had him wider and that was the result.

GGG fans wanted all the even rds for him that would put him over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Boxing scoring nontransparent deliberately set up assss backward for wagering insiders.

The key is even rds. Every major pro sport has offensive stretches where they don't score offensively, but not boxing.

Even rds go to the money fighter, hence the fan outrage almost always matches that scoring margin.

For the first fight I had Canelo by a point which is near the draw with fans mixed equally, a fair result.

2nd fight Canelo stakes out ring center and keeps knocking GGG out of it, so I had him wider and that was the result.

GGG fans wanted all the even rds for him that would put him over the top.
      I get what you're saying, and I agree about the even rounds. Fans pretty much always give the close rounds to the fighter they're rooting for when scoring a fight.

Like I said, I think both fights could've ended in a draw or a close win for either guy, and I think the fact that the results were a draw and a MD reflect that. I don't have a problem with a draw and a close win for Canelo.

Comment

• Rewatched the first 3 Pacquiao-Marquez fights. My scores:

1st Fight: 113-112 for Marquez

2nd Fight: 114-113 for Pacquiao

3rd Fight: 116-112 for Marquez

All great fights that could've gone either way. There were so many close rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ST201314 View Post
          Rewatched the first 3 Pacquiao-Marquez fights. My scores:

1st Fight: 113-112 for Marquez

2nd Fight: 114-113 for Pacquiao

3rd Fight: 116-112 for Marquez

All great fights that could've gone either way. There were so many close rounds.
          - -Manny KOed JMM in the first two in 90% of boxing jurisdictions.

JMM ducked the immediate rematch to get clowned in indosnesia for $25k vs 700k for the Manny rematch tells us All we need to know whose beating up who.

Third fight wasn't worth their spit buckets. Took MAB years to man up to their rematch and notice JMM was never in that mix of morales/MAB trilogy and never fought Hamed. He was the Vegas house fighter making easy $ vs lessors.

Comment

• Because of Postol’s fight with Ramirez recently, which was a decent fight, I decided to Rewatch Crawford’s fight with Postol. And man, it wasn’t the most exciting fight but Crawford is the sweet science. Need to see him back in the ring ASAP.

Comment

• - -Watched Just Another Joe Named Smith do a Popkins on Eleider Alvarez who is a damned fine fighter.

Deserves another title fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by care4ameatball View Post
                Because of Postol’s fight with Ramirez recently, which was a decent fight, I decided to Rewatch Crawford’s fight with Postol. And man, it wasn’t the most exciting fight but Crawford is the sweet science. Need to see him back in the ring ASAP.
                I am not too impressed by his defence, or lack thereof, but yeah, he's like a Gary Russell, Jr. type - every 6 months out of the ring is a massive loss for Boxing and his legacy.

People talk about Floyd and Jones defending very irregulary, and what not. But they were actually fairly active.

Crawford, I believe, also suffers from the weakness of Jr. Welterweight. If the division were more stacked when he was there he would have remained and cemented his legacy. At 147 he's a bit undersized.

Comment

• Watching Norton-Holmes and Bowe-Holyfield I tonight.

Comment

• Cotto v Mayorga............Rockin'

Comment

• Watched Francisco Vargas vs Orlando salido yesterday. Hadn’t watched it since it happened...brutal fight. Salido has a bit of craft when a guy stays in front of him. A draw was about right.

Comment

Working...
                      X