Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Stands By Crawford Comments, Disinterested in Promoting His Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    You're going to need to stop with the whole country behind him. Nothing about Leo's past gates or ratings show he is a big star. Is he a name? Sure, but don't make him out to be DLH or Canelo because he is not.

I think 200-225k was in the right range of what you would expect. Maybe slightly more, but not like that fight with or without Covid-19 was ever going to do 500k buys or anything.

If you make Spence vs Crawford for say May 2021, I am very confident it can do in the 400k range.

How many buys do you think Spence vs DSG does?
    Mexicans are very supportive of their fighters in big fights. You have put a top Mexican in a PPV to see what support he will get. This was LSC’s biggest fight vs an American, so we have no reference. The fact is LSC does have a whole country behind him and you can’t use LSC vs Davis to prove that Spence vs Crawford will be big. Boxing is historically very racial and a lot fans have a “I will support my race” mentality.

I have no clue how much Spence vs DSG will sell. Probably 300-350k.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Mexicans are very supportive of their fighters in big fights. You have put a top Mexican in a PPV to see what support he will get. This was LSC’s biggest fight vs an American, so we have no reference. The fact is LSC does have a whole country behind him and you can’t use LSC vs Davis to prove that Spence vs Crawford will be big. Boxing is historically very racial and a lot fans have a “I will support my race” mentality.

I have no clue how much Spence vs DSG will sell. Probably 300-350k.
      If Spence vs DSG does 300-350k buys, then why can't Spence vs Crawford do 400k buys. Again, nothing about DSG shows he is a bigger name than Crawford.

Leo was a name, but far from a star. Davis is consistently going to do in that range against solid opponents. The point was that his PPV didn't take much of a hit from the expected numbers.

Comment

• WINNER TAKE ALL!
        Promoters get their cut. Truth wins..

Comment

• If Crawford really did stonewall he Brook contract and miss the Loma/Lopez possible promotion ... that's kinda suicidal ... a huge missed opportunity.

I've not agreed with Arum much over the years, but his logic in this article, given Covid realities and everything else, seems spot on.

Can't igure how/why T Crawford thinks business and the money aren't affected by all that;s going on in the world ... sports in particular. There are very real new realities out here when it comes to sponsoring sports events.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
            Pacquiao had one the worst contracts in decades under Arum. This generation took more $$ control of careers respectfully.
            Tell me in print what this "worst" contract actually says.... It is not true anyway. Mariano's contract with his "manager" who was reputed to be in bed with the Mafia was a whopping 50%...I suppose he had to pay off his "connections" too. After he retired, Mariano took some fights in Mexica, where, he said, he wouldn't have to pay any more 50% s...

And I know a lot more about a lot more.

Tell me about Pacquiao's contract, that he renewed multiple times, even when surrounded by lawyers and advisors...which he could well afford to pay well, for the best advice.

Comment

Working...
            X