No announcement yet.

Exposed or proven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exposed or proven

Do you feel AJ proved he is the best heavyweight or got exposed by an old atg?

looks vulnerable but got the job done... definitely needs to take a few fights with lower comp before he fights wilder... he needs more experience and needs to drop 10 pounds and work on his stamina... great fight. i think wilder beats him tho

Comment

To a degree I feel AJ's weaknesses were exposed...he can be walked down and put into defensive mode with a jab, he has bad stamina and had to dig deep against a 41 year old who has been inactive for over a year and a half...

AJ would have been better off trying to steamroll Klitschko in the early rounds....If Klitschko had the killer instinct like Wilder-he would have won the fight after he dropped AJ. Joshua needed 2-3 rounds to recover off that one right hand of Klitschko's in round 6....IMO he has dramas with Wilder and Fury.

Comment

Both.......

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
          To a degree I feel AJ's weaknesses were exposed...he can be walked down and put into defensive mode with a jab, he has bad stamina and had to dig deep against a 41 year old who has been inactive for over a year and a half...
          This right here.

Congrats to Joshua and Im not trying to take anything away from him either.

Comment

I think tonight showed he has vulnerabilities that people suspected anyway. Joshua can be hurt, we knew that. I said before the fight that when he's hurt, he stays hurt for a while, his recovery doesn't seem great. When Whyte hurt him, it took him a couple of rounds to recover.

On the other hand, he showed a lot of heart again and got the job done. He has a winning mentality which you can't teach.

I don't think he was exposed as such and he deserves credit for the win but i'll say that there must be fighters out there like Fury who see that AJ could clearly be outboxed and guys like Wilder feeling like he can hurt Joshua and finish the job.

Simply put, some fighters might fancy the job a bit more after tonight but not sure exposed is the right word.

Comment

He beat a good version of wladamir klitschko at the same stage klitschko himself was being knocked out by ross purity.

People need to stfu about this "exposed" business. Fighters develop over a career. They arent the finished article after 18 fights.

Joshua done very well

Comment

He was Exposed

Joshua showed determination and grit. And I enjoyed the fight. Best heavyweight fight since lewis vs vitali. But joshua is gonna get knocked out sooner rather than later.

Wilder stops joshua.

The only problem is wilder can **** around and lose before he ever fights Joshua and vice versa. they're both on their way to devastating losses. I just think Wilder stamina wins if they fight.

The vulnerability of the current heavyweights is what makes the division so interesting.

And i cant believe im saying this, but I'm starting to believe the gypsy king is the best one out of the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post

And i cant believe im saying this, but I'm starting to believe the gypsy king is the best one out of the 3.
                  He's far and away the most talented out of the 3 but Wilder and Joshua are still dangerous fights for anybody.

Fury has/had the talent to make both look very basic but i'd still give them a chance of course.

Comment

I wouldn't say a good version of Klitschko...perhaps a better version of Wlad than his last fight...which was a year and a half ago, but on the other hand Klitschko was able to get his punches off more against Joshua than Fury because Joshua isn't a big moving target....let's not forget that this was a slower and older Wlad....I believe Wlad about 2-3 years ago would have beat AJ...no questions...but boxing is about styles and the time you make the fight happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X