Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook's Eye Injury Very Noticeable.. Damaged Goods? Will He Ever Be The Same? (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence TKO easy fight for Spence.

Go look at Brook and Carson and Carson was a scrub. Brook was ready to go.

SPence gonna stop this boy in rounds 6-9 just watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I can't name a lot of boxers but in MMA I know of several whose careers faded pretty quickly after suffering a broken orbital; Anthony Pettis, Miesha Tate, Josh Koscheck.

I noticed Brook looked funky in yesterday's press conference and this thread clicked on a light bulb. I don't recall seeing facial distortion after orbital surgery but you can clearly see he's got something going on there.

In regard to the comment "it'll be stronger than before", if they found the need to put a bulky plate in there, that means there's likely a serious structural weakness. I've known a few people with steel and titanium reinforcements in their bones and none of them said they felt stronger with it than before the injury. If anything, they get nagging pain around the area.

Unfortunately, a Spence will will be detracted with, "But Brook was already ruined by Golovkin."
      I noticed that too, at the press conference there was something suspect with his eye from a distance so I needed to confirm with a close up interview and this one was recorded shortly after the conf finished.

I doubt it'll be stronger than before, as you say the structural weakness in itself is now established.. no to mention it's an area which is likely to be impacted repeatedly in the future so it'll constantly be aggravated and destabilised with the pressure of punches.

Comment

Working...
      X