Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would win in a street fight, Jackie Chan or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would win in a street fight, Jackie Chan or Manny Pacquiao?

When Jackie Chan was a young boy he trained 18 hours a day in stretching, weapons training, acrobatics, and martial arts at the Peking Opera School. The head of the school was a very tough taskmaster who would sometimes cane the students as punishment.

He lived and trained at that school for 10 years. And we know how tough he grew up to be as he did his own stunts in all his movies until he got too old to do so.

Knowing all the training he immersed himself in and the harsh lifestyle how do you guys think he would do in a real fight against Pacquiao? If both were in their primes?
    Pacquiao
    57.14%
    Jackie Chan
    42.86%
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-02-2017, 07:50 PM.

I'm treating this in the same vein as a UFC/MMA fighter against a boxer, a boxer wins a boxing match, a UFC/MMA fighter wins in both a UFC/MMA match or a no holds barred street type fight, and that is based on a majority of the time type rule, 99 % of the time they win, obviously there are exceptions or outliers to the rule, say a boxer is trained in martial arts or say the UFC fighter gets off a lucky punch in a boxing match, but I think it's reasonable to assume that would be a general consensus amongst the people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrish09 View Post
      I'm treating this in the same vein as a UFC/MMA fighter against a boxer, a boxer wins a boxing match, a UFC/MMA fighter wins in both a UFC/MMA match or a no holds barred street type fight, and that is based on a majority of the time type rule, 99 % of the time they win, obviously there are exceptions or outliers to the rule, say a boxer is trained in martial arts or say the UFC fighter gets off a lucky punch in a boxing match, but I think it's reasonable to assume that would be a general consensus amongst the people on here.
      Wrong. PEDquiao wins this under any circumstances. Jackie is only going to have so many pots, pans, tables, and hoses to throw at Manny before he eats about 5 punches that will put him to sleep for about two days.

Comment

Pacman is very physically strong and fast himself..Chan is a more acrobatic Martial Artist.This is basically striker vs striker really because chan wasnt a grappler but probably somewhere has small circle jui jitsu techniques( finger/wrist manipulation )..but im not so sure he would beat Pacman who has a style to adapt toa street fight. Im going with Pacman here.

Comment

Jackie's face will look like chow mein with siracha once Pac is done with him..

I will say this though. I put more stock into a prime Jackie Chan over Bruce Lee or Jet Li..

Comment

A guy that masters punching techniques and blocking techniques used against punches. Another guy that masters grabs, punches, kicks, locks, and blocks against all of these attacks. How does anyone expect a guy that has no experience blocking kicks, and locks, and all that other stuff to be able beat the other guy with just punches? Whether it's Mayweather against Bruce Lee or Pacquiao against Jackie Chan, the odds are stacked in favor of the guy with more experience in more forms of attack.....if all attacks are allowed. Imagine an army with just guns against an army with long range ballistic missles, fighter planes, and a navy fleet.

Comment

Another actor vs great fighter thread.

Comment

Ask yourself who you rather fight? Who do YOU see yourself having a better chance against? Pacquiao will throw punches and knows how to throw them very well, fast and will cut your face up if he catches you.

Chan can punch, kick, put you in a headlock, sweep you, and do all kinds of **** with his legs and is an expert grappler and black belt.

I'm sorry, but my chances are better against Pacquiao. I have two hands I can use, Pa has two hands he can use and used them professionally, but Pac can't grapple or kick. In fact Pac looks like a deer in headlights when ever he was grabbed. Pac would lose to Chan in a street fight. Punching, kicking grappling > punching...sorry boxing fans.

Comment

What's next Hopkins vs Seagal? Roy Jones vs Van Damme?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Another actor vs great fighter thread.
                    Except that Jackie Chan has a black belt, mastered striking, kicking, and grappling. And not an honorary celeb black belt either

Meanwhile Pac gets concerned, can't fight out a fighter grabbing him and stares at the ref for help even when the ref says work out of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X