Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume - Miguel Cotto vs Winky Wright?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
    Serious question when did he turn down a fight with oscar I really only started watching him when he fought Trinidad thats about when i first started watching boxing so im not totally familiar with every aspect of his career
    When Oscar came out of hiatus in 2005. He and Shaw turned it down.

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
      resume is Cotto as far as wins

Winky of course would beat Cotto H2H in there primes.

and Harry Simon is the Ike of JMW in the 90's
      A lot of ppl don't know about Simon. Personal issues took him out of the game for most of his prime, such a waste

Comment

Probably about the same.

Wouldn't vote for either of them for the HOF.

Comment

I got to give the slight edge to Winky cause he won some of his big fights

Comment

Mosley before he fought Winky was coming off getting destroyed by Vernon Forrest twice and a robbery of Oscar Due La Hoya in their rematch.

Before he fought Cotto he destroyed Vargas twice schooled Collazo, plus after he LOST to Cotto he went on to brutally KO Mayorga and Prime Margarito.

So clearly Cotto beat the better Mosley during the 2nd wind of his career where as their were questions if Mosley should even go on before those winky fights.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Winky vs Cotto = 12 round domination

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                Mosley before he fought Winky was coming off getting destroyed by Vernon Forrest twice and a robbery of Oscar Due La Hoya in their rematch.

Before he fought Cotto he destroyed Vargas twice schooled Collazo, plus after he LOST to Cotto he went on to brutally KO Mayorga and Prime Margarito.

So clearly Cotto beat the better Mosley during the 2nd wind of his career where as their were questions if Mosley should even go on before those winky fights.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Mosley vs Winky was at 154 and those fights were Mosley look better were at 147. I dont get it why people dont look at the weight that the fight takes place. Winky vs Tito was 160. That is the worst version of Trinidad.

In 94 when Winky fought a top 3 JMW, Julio Cesar Vazquez, he lost that fight. So lets stop saying that he won his biggest fight. From 1995 through 2004 Winky was rank in the top 10 in JMW. Why he only fought Mckart and Council, top 10 JMW during the time. Why not Terry Norris? Campas? Raul Marquez? Castillejo? Santos? Ouma? He fought a prospect in Simon he lost, he fought another prospect in Vargas and he lost. Winky career and resume here is being overrated.

Looked at Cotto's career and his W. The names are not of the greatest boxers but he beat 5 top 10 JWW and 5 top 10 WW when he fought them. He fought higher rank fighters and no prospect came out of no where to beat him.

I know my opinion is not valid to some because the bias I will have for Cotto. But I'm using facts and those facts are how boxers fighters careers are judge. And dont deny that, because that is how most of the ATG from the old era are judge, by paper and rankings of fighters in their resume. Not because what you appreciate in the ring.
                Last edited by jtcs1981; 02-20-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X