Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prediction: fighter of the decade 2011-2020 ?? Who are candidates ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire and Wlad will both be retired long before 2020.

You have to look at the guys who just began getting their big wins this decade, or will be at a world class level soon. Ward is the easy choice, but I think someone else will get it, almost impossible to say right now. Likely it will be someone we don't even think about now.

Comment

Andre Ward.

Comment

I'm thinking Andre Ward

Comment

Top picks not Broner, Donaire, Ward...

If Broner can dominate 140, and move up to 147 and there too in 8 more years, but I can't see him doing it

Ward I think will run out of opponents within 3 years, so he's probably not gonna be seen as a top guy once the excitement of seeing him dominate elite opponents disappears... But if he can stay undefeated

I'm pretty sure Donaire's done dominantly moving up in weight... And since he's got the most problems as far as finding opponents... 8 years from now what can u see him accomplishing?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Donaire and Wlad will both be retired long before 2020.

You have to look at the guys who just began getting their big wins this decade, or will be at a world class level soon. Ward is the easy choice, but I think someone else will get it, almost impossible to say right now. Likely it will be someone we don't even think about now.
            The more I think of it you might be right guys like nonito and wlad will be long gone and it might be a fighter that's not even on the radar as of now.

Comment

there is too long to even guess

Comment

No chance for Donaire he's too old.

I'll go with Yoan Hernandez, Abner Mares and Andre Ward as the top 3 at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                  I say Ward, Donaire and Broner in that order as of right now.
                  Originally posted by MiguelDirrell25 View Post
                  I forgot bout nonito. But do you think they'll give it to another Filipino fighter b2b

donaire is 30 years old, and a small guy. smaller guys peak early. he's almost certainly going to start slowing int he coming years. additionally, he's going ot be looking at fights against much larger guys as he loses the ability to dry out to these small weights as his metabolism slows.

he's been at the top for a while now. i doubt very much that he'll be the fighter of the decade

Comment

I agree with Ward or Broner, you could also throw in a Abner Mares (regardless of what some people think about his fighting style)

but I have a feeling a fighter that nobody is expecting will emerge and put his name up their with these fighters, could be Leo Santa Cruz, could be someone like Demetrius Andrade anything can happen in boxing, it is a lot of talented fighters that only needs one fight to make a name for themselves but who haven't gotten it because they are not with the right Promotion or Manager like Al Haymon

But Clearly Andre Ward has the head start over everyone so far

Comment

beat Eloy Perez and Demarco

FOTD talks ensue....you motherf0ckers are funnily ******ed

Comment

Working...
                      X