Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you that think Hopkins beat Calzaghe, can you explain why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This wouldn't be debated today if it wasn't for the scoring.

The most inexperienced judge gave it to Hopkins, says it all.

Comment

Calazaghe won an ugly fight..........should have given the rematch though

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Taking bets on how long it takes daggum to post
        i'll take that bet

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          This wouldn't be debated today if it wasn't for the scoring.

The most inexperienced judge gave it to Hopkins, says it all.
          i agree. if it wasn't for the 2 judges who incorrectly scored it for the guy who was outboxed and outlanded in most of the rounds we wouldn't be talking about it. oh wait hopkins got tired in the last couple rounds so that means he lost the entire fight!

notice how people are only posting videos of hopkins looking tired or "faking low blow" should i start posting vids of calzaghe looking exhaused and faking low blows against bika to buy time to prove bika won that fight? boxing is scored on a round by round basis and with clean punching. if a fighter gets tired he retroactively loses the first 8 rounds? is that how it works?
          Last edited by daggum; 05-24-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Hopkins won it by default for me. I dislike Joe's style of fighting, he fights like a queer punching his way out of spiderwebs. I take points off just for that.

The punch stats are irrelevant to me also, it didn't look like Joe landed that much, which goes back to my above statement about disliking his style. He probably was credited with landing punches because he threw quick slaps, that weren't even effective.

A lot of the rounds were dirty and hard to score also. But I'll give it to Hopkins, and that's my unbiased, fair and balanced, objective opinion.
            Last edited by cupocity303; 05-24-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I already have posted videos basically breaking down round by round minute by minute on why Hopkins won...

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                I thought Calzaghe won on workrate but he didn't really land anything, Hopkins landed the cleaner punches. Still, I thought Calzaghe won a close fight. I'm a Hopkins fan and I never found Calzaghe as an interesting fighter, but nowadays workrate wins fights, which sucks.
                We know, you only like Black or Caribbean boxers

Comment

Originally posted by King Ghidorah View Post
                  I already have posted videos basically breaking down round by round minute by minute on why Hopkins won...
                  yeah but calzaghe fans posted videos of hopkins being tired in the later rounds. its a new scoring system they invented. you wait till the fight is over and then give out rounds. landing clean punches and barely getting hit is worth a couple rounds but being tired=you lose 9 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                    Hopkins won it by default for me. I dislike Joe's style of fighting, he fights like a queer punching his way out of spiderwebs. I take points off just for that.

The punch stats are irrelevant to me also, it didn't look like Joe landed that much, which goes back to my above statement about disliking his style. He probably was credited with landing punches because he threw quick slaps, that weren't even effective.

A lot of the rounds were dirty and hard to score also. But I'll give it to Hopkins, and that's my unbiased, fair and balanced, objective opinion.
                    so you think hopkins won because you don't like calzaghe's style? lol that's some of the dumbest **** i've ever heard on this forum. i don't like calzaghe's style either but that's just downright ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                    X