Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can a lot of men with 250lb of pure muscle hit as hard as tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a lot of men with 250lb of pure muscle hit as hard as tyson?

A dude with 20" arms and 50" chest, would a lot of men that size have the same punching power as Tyson?

"Surprising" question.

Grade school physics:

Force = mass x acceleration
    Kinetic Energy = 1/2 mass x velocity squared.

Clearly, there is a very important speed component.

Think of it this way: would you rather be hit by a Hummer at 10 mph, or a Miata at 20 mph?

Comment

If I knew who had that gif of Tyson shadowboxing I'd post that. He's not just some 250 pound musclehead.

Comment

If you're big you can hit hard but not like Tyson, he has great technique behind that.

Comment

Originally posted by irishdude View Post
          A dude with 20" arms and 50" chest, would a lot of men that size have the same punching power as Tyson?
          size doesn't determine punching power. it's a factor but that doesn't mean because you have size you have punching power.

besides tyson had very good power but by no means did he have the hardest punch imo.

tyson had one of the fastest hands ever at heavy and he was very accurate. that helped him a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
            size doesn't determine punching power. it's a factor but that doesn't mean because you have size you have punching power.

besides tyson had very good power but by no means did he have the hardest punch imo.

tyson had one of the fastest hands ever at heavy and he was very accurate. that helped him a lot.
            I used to be very feather fisted, with the work on the heavybag and shadow boxing, i have much more power than i did.

Comment

technique.
              250 pounds is just dead weight untill you learn how to put it behind the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
                I used to be very feather fisted, with the work on the heavybag and shadow boxing, i have much more power than i did.
                technique.

you learned how to use your legs and hips and throw properly.

Comment

power comes from strenght, some people just are naturally strong
                  throwing with explosive AND powerful movement which = the power of a punch
                  training(working out the muscles) will give you more power, but if your just a weak fellow naturally only so much can be done
                  blame your parents parents parents

Comment

Foreman hit harder than Tyson. Tyson would thorw amazing combinations. His handspeed IMO was the second fastest after Ali, while Tyson was in his prime, he would mix up his combinations very well, his defense was great, and he had accuracy. Foreman was aguy who would ust knock you out cold.

Comment

Working...
                    X