No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn meets Gerald McCllelan - 1st time since the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Sanders, Nigel Benn's trainer

The memories of the fight will never go away. The press thought I was mad when I said Nigel would win it. Most thought it would be over in three rounds, but I knew Nigel's preparations had been amazing. We had been away for six weeks in Tenerife and, whatever we had asked him to do, he had done it. We never mentioned McClellan's name. He was always "The opponent." I had been working in Las Vegas and had been able to watch McClellan training. I never saw him spar more than eight rounds, and he had nightmares making the weight. And, just before this fight, he had split with his regular trainer Emanuel Steward, so he had inexperienced people with him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

It hurts that Gerald is still unable to process spoken word clearly. I was hoping he'd recover at least some of what he lost.
      Thank you for that video..Gerald is one of my favorite boxers.
      I loved it when he dismantled Julian jackson

Comment

Gerald won that fight in the first round... ****ing French phaggot ref.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          Those extreme animal lovers are mentally ill that's why.
          wtf you need to be an 'extreme animal lover' to think someone is an evil piece of **** for taping up a dogs mouth and letting another rip it to bits? Get ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wibble View Post
            wtf you need to be an 'extreme animal lover' to think someone is an evil piece of **** for taping up a dogs mouth and letting another rip it to bits? Get ****ed.
            If you think he deserves his fate because of that, yes you are.

Comment

As of bad as shape as he is in, he's actually doing better than Colon or Magomed - which is remarkable. Colon is still in a coma like state and Mago cant even eat with help.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGeorge View Post
                Still don't get that argument tho. I don't think McLellan deserved what happened to him
                If you breed dogs to fight and when he loses you shoot the dog and throw out the window, because no use to you.

It is called Karma

He wanted to Kill Benn and I litterally mean Kill i was there at press conference and sat ringisde and watch them both go into the Ambulance.

Comment

Originally posted by Wibble View Post
                  Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                  If you think he deserves his fate because of that, yes you are.
                  I don't think Gerald McCllelan deserves to be in the state he is in today! (But his sadistic acts against animals, where in my opinion completely Immoral! Animals are not completely emotionless, in fact in some ways they probably feel emotions more intensely due to their world being purely instinctual! They don't use logic etc Apparently right before his fight with Nigel Benn, Gerald McCllelan may have realized profoundly the error in his ways! I read a article that he was crying over one of his favorite pit-bulls......

Here is the article.

https://www.theguardian.com/observer...583541,00.html

Comment

Sad bout McClellan. The fight with Benn was a classic, but one thing that bothered me was that Kronk at the time took full advantage of the previous day weigh in. Before this, McClellan would weigh almost at cruiserweight for a middleweight fight. This gave a fighter a distinct advantage but was dangerous regarding hydration. McClellan was not the only fighter at the time that pushed that to the limit but Kronk was one of the main stables. After that many trainers, mainly Kronk's re-thought that process and approached it with a more responsible process.

Comment

It's great and I feel very happy

Comment

Working...
                      X