No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Mic Crew Hits Stride Ahead of Weekend PPV Blockbuster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I can name at least 5 more qualified posters on NSB. Max is horrible at his job. He sways whatever popular opinion is. He kisses the ass of whatever fighter is commentating with him. His post fight interviews are terrible. He freezes up at any sign of confrontation instead of capitalizing on it. This is a sport where people punch each other in the face. He gets scared when fighters confront each other in the ring.

name them. this will be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      name them. this will be entertaining.
      Kagami Taiga
      Chrismart
      Redd Foxx
      Pigeons
      Koba-Grozny
      bigjavi973
      BrometheusBob.
      ShoulderRoll
      FrankieClutch
      BigZ44
      deanrw
      MDPopescu
      Eff Pandas
      -Kev-
      siablo14
      [MENTION]bigdramashow[/MENTION]
      FrankieClutch
      The Big Dunn
      OnePunch

Some more I can't remember their names but if i see their AVI's I'll know. Hell, I think you would do better than them. Just because I don't agree with a person doesn't mean they aren't knowledgble about the sport. We have different opinions but they know what they're talking about and stick to what they believe, unlike Max who flip flops depending on popular opinion.
      Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 09-12-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I will watch the fight on mute

Comment

Chrismart
          Redd Foxx
          Pigeons
          Koba-Grozny
          bigjavi973
          BrometheusBob.
          ShoulderRoll
          FrankieClutch
          BigZ44
          deanrw
          MDPopescu
          Eff Pandas
          -Kev-
          siablo14
          FrankieClutch
          The Big Dunn
          OnePunch

Some more I can't remember their names but if i see their AVI's I'll know. Hell, I think you would do better than them. Just because I don't agree with a person doesn't mean they aren't knowledgble about the sport. We have different opinions but they know what they're talking about and stick to what they believe, unlike Max who flip flops depending on popular opinion.

i had media credentials for several years and i forget more each year about boxing than most of these guys on nsb will ever know.

that said i'd looklike a complete idiot calling fights on TV. so would you, and so would everybody you just listed. max kellerman and jim lampley have been ringside for thousands of boxing matches. they're completely immersed in the sport. it is their job. yes, they're biased and are salesmen, but to say that some day sailor on nsb could do a better job is just laughable.

go ahead and get an interview with them if you think you can do better. HBO would 100% take your call if you had the knowledge and connections required to get the opportunity to interview them, and impressed on them enough your ability to do the job in the time you ahd. 100% they'd take the call.

go ahead and try. hell, go and try and cover one fight and write a story before card is even over. it is not nearly as easy as you think if you are willing to pull 10 names out of a hat in f#cking nsb and say they could do better than kellerman or lampley.

Comment

i had media credentials for several years and i forget more each year about boxing than most of these guys on nsb will ever know.

that said i'd looklike a complete idiot calling fights on TV. so would you, and so would everybody you just listed. max kellerman and jim lampley have been ringside for thousands of boxing matches. they're completely immersed in the sport. it is their job. yes, they're biased and are salesmen, but to say that some day sailor on nsb could do a better job is just laughable.

go ahead and get an interview with them if you think you can do better. HBO would 100% take your call if you had the knowledge and connections required to get the opportunity to interview them, and impressed on them enough your ability to do the job in the time you ahd. 100% they'd take the call.

go ahead and try. hell, go and try and cover one fight and write a story before card is even over. it is not nearly as easy as you think if you are willing to pull 10 names out of a hat in f#cking nsb and say they could do better than kellerman or lampley.
            Nobody can come off the street and step in and be as natural on camera as they are. They're natural on camera, that's about it. Lamps has been doing it for decades and still misses punches and calls the wrong punches despite having the best seat in the house. Max sits there and drones on about nothing or making up a narrative that doesn't exist. Then he gets in the ring for the post fight interview and blows it. Since Merchant has left HBO hasn't a epic post fight interview. I remember after the fights everybody would get quiet just to listen to what Merchant was going to say. Now after the fight everybody talks and walks around.

But if ESPN will put this guy on the air I'm pretty sure some of the guys I named can do just as good

Comment

Kagami Taiga
              Chrismart
              Redd Foxx
              Pigeons
              Koba-Grozny
              bigjavi973
              BrometheusBob.
              ShoulderRoll
              FrankieClutch
              BigZ44
              deanrw
              MDPopescu
              Eff Pandas
              -Kev-
              siablo14
              FrankieClutch
              The Big Dunn
              OnePunch

Idk how I'd do in a job like that, but I'd like to think it'd be better than that soccer commentator turned football commentator you posted in the lounge

AKA I'd be at least a notch above completely cringeworthy lol

Comment

Nobody can come off the street and step in and be as natural on camera as they are. They're natural on camera, that's about it. Lamps has been doing it for decades and still misses punches and calls the wrong punches despite having the best seat in the house. Max sits there and drones on about nothing or making up a narrative that doesn't exist. Then he gets in the ring for the post fight interview and blows it. Since Merchant has left HBO hasn't a epic post fight interview. I remember after the fights everybody would get quiet just to listen to what Merchant was going to say. Now after the fight everybody talks and walks around.

But if ESPN will put this guy on the air I'm pretty sure some of the guys I named can do just as good
                LMAO yeah I just referred to that guy in my post

If I had to nominate anyone from your list I'd probably pick Eff Pandas, except for straw/fly/bantam weight fights where I'd sub in IronDanHamza

Comment

You weren't addressing me but since I was one of the posters Motorcity named, I'll chime in. I have a background in public speaking and performance, as well as a career in media production and an education that had me engineering and producing newscasts. So, I might not look like a complete idiot up there.

Now, Max is fairly polished at what he does but there's a couple things about him that stick in the craw of boxing fans. One being that he's an HBO shill. I don't spend much time bashing him about that because that's what he's hired to do. Max is a real boxing analyst as much as the mall Santa is really Chris Cringle. Max seems as if he could be transplanted to basketball, golf, or any number of other sports without missing a beat. He lacks real insight and is notorious for getting historic details wrong.

So, again, I don't really get worked up about Max being phony because viewers should know that already when they turn on HBO boxing. He has talents as a live commentator but his ability to present isn't good enough to hide the fact that the guy doesn't seem to have boxing running through his veins. Even Jim, whose vast faults I won't begin to get into, seems to genuinely love the sport and you can hear that in his presentation. Max lacks that "soul" of the sport.

Comment

I can name at least 5 more qualified posters on NSB. Max is horrible at his job. He sways whatever popular opinion is. He kisses the ass of whatever fighter is commentating with him. His post fight interviews are terrible. He freezes up at any sign of confrontation instead of capitalizing on it. This is a sport where people punch each other in the face. He gets scared when fighters confront each other in the ring.
                    Max fell off. Maybe he's trying to stay aligned with the HBO boilerplate. But I liked him much more in his earlier HBO days. The lnowledge is still there and he's far more bearable than Lampley but the change is palpable and it isn't a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      Max Kellerman is terrible. Typical Jew just handed a job who is not really experienced or qualified for it. People keep pretending he's qualified, so they aren't called the most terrifying of words - anti-semitic. He's horrible. We all know it.
                      What exactly is the significance of his being Jewish? You think he would be less annoying and unqualified if he was born again?
                      Can you say "racist"?

Comment

Working...
                      X