No announcement yet.

Saturday HBO PPV purses gg 2.5M, Chocolate 550k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    F**kin' scumbag wants more than $15M doe, .
    Holy sh it people are still this ******ed in 2017? After everything people learned from boxing over the years they still fall for the same ******ed logic. Pacquiao Mayweather never happened and the whole "lol Pacquiao turned down a flat fee of $40 million highest payday of his career lololololol" and yet here we are, idiots falling for the same old crap!

Comment

This is some great news. Lmfao.

Triple Flop flops again. I love it.

"I want more than 15 mil doe"
      Hahahahha

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Whats your proof of this? Not so much disagreeing with you, cuz idk, as curious how you came to this conclusion.
        I can't prove it, of course, any more than the GGG haters can prove that Canelo is a massive A side to Golovkin. I come to that conclusion partly from personal experience of being a non-US boxing fan - Golovkin has a higher profile, more fans and a lot more respect than Canelo in the UK, where I live. And I've no reason to believe the same isn't true in other European countries. And of course, in Eastern Europe and Asia, GGG has got to be even bigger than he is in the UK, and some of those countries have huge populations. He also has a lot of fans in Latin America, including Mexico.

I also base my opinion on things I read and see in the news, and not just boxing news, like this article I read in Forbes earlier today, saying Golovkin has "transcended boxing to become a global marketing star"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshkat.../#2f03a0c851f0

In contrast to Golovkin's wordwide and ever growing popularity, Canelo has his Mexican and Mexican American fan base only, and his reputation has taken a massive hit with his own people because of the blatent way he ducked GGG last year.

Comment

But but but, Jacobs wanted 2 Quillins doe.....I told ya'll HBO was being cheap.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          HBO is the hold up. They're being cheap and Loeffler has to find some extra money. Put the fight on PPV or go to Showtime. If HBO don't wanna pay for fights they really need to get out of the fight business. Ten years ago this fight would've been made in a week. This is getting ridiculous. You can't give us the fights we want to see on a shoestring budget. Either **** or get off the pot
          JoeMan

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Well thats the thing. Tom is well known for not doing deals via public exchanges cuz like I said he's a professional & respectful guy unlike 90% of the people in the boxing business. I don't deny there are some serious limitations being a boxing promoter without acting like you are in pro wrestling in 2016, but thats the type of guy Tom is for better or worse.

What I do know is GBP has a different story or angle they are working every other month concerning GGG vs Canelo making them less reliable in my eyes cuz every thing they do seems based on spin controlling something that has hurt their product, Canelo, appeal & popularity.

Plus $15M/Gtd is hitting the lottery for GGG & Tom & I can't believe they would turn down a fair contract for that amount for a PPV that will likely just hit 1M PPV's (or just miss it), but not be some sort of super PPV windfall of profit for all parties.
            Good post

None of us have any idea what was really offered to Golovkin and team.

May well have been 15m or so, but what about other details? I agree with you in that I cannot see how K2 would turn a fair contract down for 15 million, with a good chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              golovkin needs to know his place and just accept the fight, 15 is more than enough
              Where did you get that bigdramashow quote from where he says Jacobs has no chance? Wasn't he the one who wrote a topic saying it's a shame other people are dragging Jacobs name thru the mud?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Good post

May well have been 15m or so, but what about other details? I agree with you in that I cannot see how K2 would turn a fair contract down for 15 million, with a good chance of winning.
                the offer at first was 10 mill, now its 15 mill sooo how can it be both yet people still believe golden boy the same people who threw the belt in the trash in order to fight liam smith. i guess its whatever it has to be to make ggg look bad but in reality no one knows and i dont think k2 is going to make golden boy look bad since they have to suck up to them in order to get the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  Good post

Literally every other promoter and boxing writer said, this fantasy offer is just another way to duck the fight.

Eric Gomez himself said the numbers flowing around are all inaccurate.

Oscar himself said that there is a big chance Canelo vs Chavez 2 happens in September if the first fight is close or exciting enough.

What does all this mean? A binding contract for GGG Canelo for September of this year cant possibly exist.

End of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by eff pandas View Post
                    well thats the thing. Tom is well known for not doing deals via public exchanges cuz like i said he's a professional & respectful guy unlike 90% of the people in the boxing business. I don't deny there are some serious limitations being a boxing promoter without acting like you are in pro wrestling in 2016, but thats the type of guy tom is for better or worse.

What i do know is gbp has a different story or angle they are working every other month concerning ggg vs canelo making them less reliable in my eyes cuz every thing they do seems based on spin controlling something that has hurt their product, canelo, appeal & popularity.

Plus $15m/gtd is hitting the lottery for ggg & tom & i can't believe they would turn down a fair contract for that amount for a ppv that will likely just hit 1m ppv's (or just miss it), but not be some sort of super ppv windfall of profit for all parties.
                    Originally posted by Иatas View Post
                    holy sh it people are still this ******ed in 2017? After everything people learned from boxing over the years they still fall for the same ******ed logic. Pacquiao mayweather never happened and the whole "lol pacquiao turned down a flat fee of $40 million highest payday of his career lololololol" and yet here we are, idiots falling for the same old crap!
                    :anyword: ..

Comment

• remember when everyone went crazy because wbc denied jacobs request for a 60-40 split in favor of ggg and said ggg was trying to duck? now the split is 59-41 but ggg never pays his opponents right?
                      Last edited by daggum; 03-17-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X