Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone educate me about the Ferguson case with facts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
    At the end of the day an unarmed man was shot and killed by a police officer. That's it. What I don't understand is why lethal force had to be used in this case? Was it murder? No, all the evidence suggests that Wilson was telling the truth, and frankly some of the protests are becoming a little cringe worthy, and to compare the protest of the St Louis NFL players to the protest made by Tommie Smith, and John Carlos at the 1968 Olympics is a little bit insulting IMO.

Where are the protests against the drug dealers, gangsters, and relative poverty people in places like Ferguson have to endure. Until the socioeconomic conditions in places like Ferguson improve and the people within those communites take responsibility for their actions and end the crime and violence that has destroyed most urban communities in not only America, but the rest of the world too then incidents like Mike Brown's shooting will continue.

However, the police still have to make changes too. Wilson may have been found not guilty but is what he did really justified from a moral point of view? I appreciate it's not easy being a police officer, but if the community no longer trusts the police to protect them then the the force is clearly doing something wrong.
    the kid was needed to be disposed of to stop it from multiplying. Good riddance.

Comment

Working...
    X