Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terry O'Connor Cleared By British Board in Phonegate Scandal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave the guy alone. Why can't a fellow enjoy pictures of Miley Cyrus's tongue while he works? You all probably do the same thing, I know I do.

Comment

Well I can't say I'm surprised, these turds could literally be doing coke off a hoz backside while having their back to the fight and they would get a pass. The guy can't judge anyway.

Comment

Phone, pen, doesn't really matter. He still wasn't watching the fight with that abysmal scorecard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
          “In addition, Mr O’Connor’s scoring of the bout was considered and whilst judging a contest is subjective and following Mr. O’Connor’s explanation of how he scored the bout, the Stewards are satisfied that Mr O’Connor’s final score reflected his own opinion of the contest.”

holy fck! judging a fight shouldn't be an "opinion" it should be based on whats taking place. with this logic that 119 card from Lederman was perfectly fine since it was just her "opinion".

we might need to use robots to score these fights then. this "opinion" system will continue to cause backlash.
          I see both sides. Boxing is not objective — it is a subjective view of each round by the stated criteria.

I don’t like the idea that judges all have to be in line with each other. Basically create an environment where a judge who has a particular view from a particular vantage (not TV with all the camera angles) is expected to conform to the fans’ opinion.

That’s not a good way to go.

Comment

BBBofC:

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
              What a surprise. What do you expect when the BBBofC are judging their own officials. I remember O'Connor from the Fury fight years ago when he scored it way off the consensus view. Either corrupt or just has terrible judgement.
              That was fury vs McDermott, McDermott was blatently robbed and later it was revealed McDermotts dad had beaten o'connor back in the amateurs, so he seemed to have kept the vendetta and took it out on his son

Comment

Big Biased Board of Cocks?
                Biased British Boxing Coonts?
                Blind Bullshiting Boxing Crooks?

5k points to the best redefinition of BBBoC, gents. Over to you.

EDIT: And a green K participation award to anyone even tries... we're shooting fish in a barrel here gents, you literally can't miss.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-23-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

How can he be cleared? There is a ****ing picture of him looking at his fight while the fight is going on!!! ****

And no other safeguards proposed as far as the judges having devices on them while a fight/event is going on. Any promoter can be texting them, he can be looking at the odds for later rounds, I mean WTF
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-23-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Ever since the Gypsy-Bum robbed the 'Bronze-Bomber' Deontay Wilder, facts are conspiracies -- PHONEGATE, ok.

Comment

Probably he was watching a live stream of the fight rather than the actual action.

Comment

Working...
                      X