No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola Speaks On Not Becoming The First Mexican Heavyweight Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
    Chris "Pink" Arreola had the misfortune to be around the Klit Bros. 2 mountains no HW could climb. if he was young today he would be one of the champs. to me he has a better style of throwing punches then the Pillsbury dough boy Ruiz. not taking anything away from Ruiz he kicked the s hit out of Joshua and there was no luck involved and I say he beats him again
    Also got steamrolled twice by a prime Stiverne

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      Bet those losses still hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Mercury View Post
        He was no where near good enough at any time to be champ. He brings excitement but not much skill.

Comment

Originally posted by JuggyvsCable View Post
          You mean besides Corrie Sanders, Ross Purrity, Lamon Brewster, and in Vitali's case Chris Byrd and Lennox Lewis. The Klitschkos were lucky they came into a era where prime Lewis was gone and so were the other top guys in the 90's.

Chris Arreola was never that good. He was a decent guy who fought hard. He was extremely crude and overweight. He achieved all he could achieve.
          It’s true the above regarding the Klitschkos, but today’s division is even worse. At least the brothers are bonafide HOF’ers, and in Wlad’s case, an ATG. Today we have nothing of the sort

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            Wtf this guy has never been "mexican"

he's a pocho, a fake mexican, like Ruiz

but at least Ruiz lived in mexico for a long time and fought for that country in the olympics

I bet arreola cant even speak spanish
            Arreola speaks fluent Spanish, Gerry Cooney had the same pressure about being the first Irish/White champion in a generation.

Internal pressure can eat you up and cause you to fade. I have seen this in sprinting with Asafa Powell and various golfers at major tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              He was no where near good enough at any time to be champ. He brings excitement but not much skill.
              I think he could have won a splintered title, but the lineal title would be nearly impossible unless he had a situation like Byrd vs Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by JuggyvsCable View Post
                You mean besides Corrie Sanders, Ross Purrity, Lamon Brewster, and in Vitali's case Chris Byrd and Lennox Lewis. The Klitschkos were lucky they came into a era where prime Lewis was gone and so were the other top guys in the 90's.

Chris Arreola was never that good. He was a decent guy who fought hard. He was extremely crude and overweight. He achieved all he could achieve.
                Vitali made lewis quit BY "LOSING" THE FIGHT. would NEVER step in the ring with him again. if you wanna know why look at the end of the fight when they were holding back Vitali cause he went insane over the stoppage. look at Lennoxs eyes and face. he retired right then and there. Kovalev retired Ward by losing also. the fighters you mentioned were bludgeoned to near death in the rematches ending their fighting ability. are you that retar ded?

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                  I strongly disagree with this statement. I think Ruiz throws faster, more creative combos along with better technique.
                  yes he is a little faster and knew how to get inside to punch. but rewatch the fight he looked horrible throwing 90% of the punches. Ruiz was lucky to have the perfect style against the PED monster and I give him credit

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    Vitale destroyed pink arreola who never got his mojo back just like the Klit Bros destroyed generations of fighters who were never the same

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                      Wtf this guy has never been "mexican"

he's a pocho, a fake mexican, like Ruiz

but at least Ruiz lived in mexico for a long time and fought for that country in the olympics

I bet arreola cant even speak spanish

Dude shut the fuk up with this garbage.

"fake Mexican" Sound like a pendejo.

Comment

Working...
                      X