No announcement yet.

Estrada/Cuadras: Estrada a 6-to-1 favorite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estrada/Cuadras: Estrada a 6-to-1 favorite

Since Michael Buffer isn't really doing much announcing, at least the winner's name will be announced correctly this time.

But Estrada was extremely aggressive in that first fight, not so much against Srisaket, and it's been a while since the first fight.

Does Cuadras win if Estrada boxes cautious?

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Since Michael Buffer isn't really doing much announcing, at least the winner's name will be announced correctly this time.

But Estrada was extremely aggressive in that first fight, not so much against Srisaket, and it's been a while since the first fight.

Does Cuadras win if Estrada boxes cautious?
    6:1 is probably too wide, but Juan Francisco's still riding the Rungvisai win whilst Cuadras has done a whole load of nothing special since losing to Arroyo so it ain't surprising the bookies are seeing it like that.

Realistically I don't see much likelihood of Carlos winning but I think he's gonna make a tough, tough fight of it, probably end up with a slightly wider UD for Juan Francisco. I'd call it more like 66/33 or 75/25 kinda fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      6:1 is probably too wide, but Juan Francisco's still riding the Rungvisai win whilst Cuadras has done a whole load of nothing special since losing to Arroyo so it ain't surprising the bookies are seeing it like that.

Realistically I don't see much likelihood of Carlos winning but I think he's gonna make a tough, tough fight of it, probably end up with a slightly wider UD for Juan Francisco. I'd call it more like 66/33 or 75/25 kinda fight though.
      But an interesting note from Ring Magazine:

Originally posted by The Ring
      After losing to Sor Rungvisai (MD 12), [Estrada] outboxed the big-punching Thai to claim Ring and WBC junior bantamweight titles in the rematch and gained acclaim as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world. He currently sits at No. 8 in The Ring’s mythical rankings. The 30-year-old has long been plagued by a persistent hand injury, meaning he’s only made one defense since.
      So the question is, how bad is that hand injury, and how does it affect his performance?

Because it's mighty strange that the bookies basically say that Estrada with a hand injury and one defense is still going to make light work of Carlos Cuadras who's coming off (technically) two clear wins.

Comment

But an interesting note from Ring Magazine:

So the question is, how bad is that hand injury, and how does it affect his performance?

Because it's mighty strange that the bookies basically say that Estrada with a hand injury and one defense is still going to make light work of Carlos Cuadras who's coming off (technically) two clear wins.
        I think I had heard something about his hand injury, but no clue how it'll effect this fight or whether it'll ever get back to 100%... either way it's still a lot closer than the bookies have it I think and if El Gallo's hand is still playing up then it's closer still. Should be a nice fight. Hard to say why the bookies got it quite that wide.

Comment

I think I had heard something about his hand injury, but no clue how it'll effect this fight or whether it'll ever get back to 100%... either way it's still a lot closer than the bookies have it I think and if El Gallo's hand is still playing up then it's closer still. Should be a nice fight. Hard to say why the bookies got it quite that wide.
          I think you're spot on with your theory, it's just unfortunate. To me this is a 3-to-1 type fight at most.

Comment

Feel like people still feeling the hbo narrative.
            Remember, they wanted Cuadras to derail Estrada, as they were building up Roman and then Sor Rungvisai at the time:
            They even tried to rob him and messed up the name.
            HBO was not going to let him destroy their products.

This was a pretty easy win to score wide in Estrada’s favor, the knockdown made it impossible to give to Cuadras in my opinion, but Cuadras was the lesser threat to the product.

But at that time a lot of people feared Estrada would be allowed to face and beat the current p4p #1 flavor of the months.
            Sor Rungvisai got ranked top 4 p4p after beating Roman but Estrada at best got put top 15.

Hmmm...

Unfortunately DAZN is the same thing as they tried to rob Estrada in the rematch against Sor Rungvisai, a schooling of the highest order.
            Last edited by glenn mcrory; 10-22-2020, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Luckily for Estrada ol' Buffer is locked in with DAZN for his lucrative contract still. Lol what a colossal **** up. You have 1 job and you are severely overpaid to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                Luckily for Estrada ol' Buffer is locked in with DAZN for his lucrative contract still. Lol what a colossal **** up. You have 1 job and you are severely overpaid to do it.
                He is?

Because DAZN alerted me that they're broadcasting the fight.

"TO the winner...."JUAN...FRANSCISCOOOOOOOOOO....CUADRAS!"

Comment

He is?

Because DAZN alerted me that they're broadcasting the fight.

"TO the winner...."JUAN...FRANSCISCOOOOOOOOOO....CUADRAS!"
                  Yeah that's why you don't see him anywhere else lately. I think he was gonna retire until they threw money at him. I cancelled DAZN last month so I didn't know this fight was on there

Comment

Didn't see the fight, but sounds like Estrada had to dig deep and didn't put on a 6-to-1 type performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X