Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury is the face of UK boxing. AJ is becoming old news.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury is the face of UK boxing. AJ is becoming old news.

Look at the reception Fury got last night at Sports Personality Of The Year. For the non-Brits, it's basically a sporting awards ceremony every december watched by millions and millions, it's a big deal in the UK.

They had him up on stage being interviewed getting standing ovations from the whole arena. All the other sports people paying him respect. It was only a few years ago some of them were saying they will not go if he goes over his comments but he has had a massive upturn in popularity. All is forgiven among the public and now he is the darling of British boxing. The public were crying out for him to win the main award. He's been dominating the sporting headlines recently too.

AJ is old hat now. The novelty has gone. Fury is the boy now. The public are seeing AJ and Hearn has con men, fighting old men and recycling opponents like Whyte

I doubt it. This is nothing more than a temporary high in Fury's popularity after the Wilder victory he was robbed of. Joshua is still very much the mainstream star in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by DaaamnSon View Post
      I doubt it. This is nothing more than a temporary high in Fury's popularity after the Wilder victory he was robbed of. Joshua is still very much the mainstream star in the UK.
      Nope. The tide has turned.

Fury is the face. Look at the fawning adoring public all over him. His spreading the word and awareness of Mental Health problems is winning the public over.

Fury is the hero, the idol, the face, the full package.

Joshua is yesterdays man.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
        Nope. The tide has turned.

Fury is the face. Look at the fawning adoring public all over him. His spreading the word and awareness of Mental Health problems is winning the public over.

Fury is the hero, the idol, the face, the full package.

Joshua is yesterdays man.
        Just coming off of the Wilder robbery has definitely helped raise Fury's clout but I really can't see it lasting tbh. Only time will tell I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by DaaamnSon View Post
          Just coming off of the Wilder robbery has definitely helped raise Fury's clout but I really can't see it lasting tbh. Only time will tell I suppose.
          It will last because he's the best fighter in the division.

AJ is a fad.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
            It will last because he's the best fighter in the division.
            He may well prove to be but he's also just as likely to go back to his self harming ways and piss it all away again. He's too much of a loose cannon to be taken seriously yet.

Like I said only time will tell and I look forward to seeing what he does next year along with Joshua.

Comment

Who’s AJ???

Comment

Fury is hot now because he is fresh off what most consider a surprising win over Wilder. AJ is still their loved champion and they will still support him and pay to see him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Fury is hot now because he is fresh off what most consider a surprising win over Wilder. AJ is still their loved champion and they will still support him and pay to see him fight.
                  Nah

AJ is a novelty act. Yesterdays news. Like going to see The Rolling Stones in concert, there will be a lot there, it'll be a good night but they're not relevant.

Fury is relevant, he's become the idol, the icon of British boxing.

Comment

Lolx..... Until he start selling out stadiums before I can take you serious.
                    You need some fccking beer.

Comment

Working...
                    X