Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do People Really Think Lomachenko Can Beat Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Do people REALLY think lil Mikey can beat Spence?
    Not even Mikey believes that. Hope he doesn't get hurt too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Overreacting? No, it's just reality. Lomachenko is too small point blank. And Mikey Garcia has arguably the best fundamentals than anyone in the sport with big power. Bad combination there for Lomachenko.
      You don't think your overreacting over one fight? I haven't seen Loma not use his footwork like he used it tonight. It was basically non existant. Wasn't really active until the championship rounds.

Garcia is too straight forward. Have really good fundamentals but he's too basic. I have Loma figuring out mikey winning a 7-5 8-4 type of fight.

Comment

At 135 I still favor Loma slightly. I think his speed and angles will be enough to offset Mikey’s power and aggression. Mikey has never fought anyone close to Loma in speed or footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Lomachenko is phenomenal, but that is at 126 and 130. At 135 he just is too small and Garcia is super skilled, fundamentally sound and punches MUCH harder than Pedraza and Linares.

My prediction is if Top Rank makes the fight by the beginning of 2020 or late 2019, Teofimo Lopez takes him out.
          I for one don’t think so. Especially after that kind of performance. (It was okay good, but not his hype level good)

Mikey would make him cautious. It’s just look easy from the outside but no one has really bullied Mikey, even the ones who had physical advantages over him.
          Mikey has an elite level timing and he’d definitely catch loma inside 36 rounds. As all these lesser fighters were able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
            Not even Mikey believes that. Hope he doesn't get hurt too bad.
            So damaged goods are supposed to deal with Loma? I would not be surprised if Mikey doesn't either retire or take a few years off to recover after this loss. Loma doesn't even come into his picture.

Comment

Mikey would struggle against a non-flat footed guy like Loma.

Comment

LOL, lil Mikey gonna be done once he gets worked by Spence so.........how is this thread even relevant?
                Okay, so you think Mikey gets ruined after Spence? Cool.

Comment

So damaged goods are supposed to deal with Loma? I would not be surprised if Mikey doesn't either retire or take a few years off to recover after this loss. Loma doesn't even come into his picture.
                  Mikey wants to wait Loma out until he loses a step. Just like Floyd did with PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                    You don't think your overreacting over one fight? I haven't seen Loma not use his footwork like he used it tonight. It was basically non existant. Wasn't really active until the championship rounds.

Garcia is too straight forward. Have really good fundamentals but he's too basic. I have Loma figuring out mikey winning a 7-5 8-4 type of fight.
                    This is two fights in a row where he hasn't been all that impressive at 135. Not just one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      I for one don’t think so. Especially after that kind of performance. (It was okay good, but not his hype level good)

Mikey would make him cautious. It’s just look easy from the outside but no one has really bullied Mikey, even the ones who had physical advantages over him.
                      Mikey has an elite level timing and he’d definitely catch loma inside 36 rounds. As all these lesser fighters were able to do.

That's the thing, his timing is great and more importantly his positioning is second to none. Mikey is never out of position and won't let Lomachenko dictate the action. And Mikey's jab is going to be a major issue for Lomachenko along with his power.

Comment

Working...
                      X