Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Tears Apart Deontay Wilder's "Biggest Career Wins"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
    That's from the The Association of Boxing Commissions Referee Rules and Guidelines. Nothing about a knee, even if there was a knee and the ref calls it a slip it's not a knockdown.

You can't have watched very much boxing if you think that a knee touching the canvas is an automatic knockdown no matter what the ref says.
    You read incorrectly, the rules you posted has clearly stated any part of the body touching the canvas is ruled a knockdown .

Isn't the knee part of the body ?

A knee is an automatic knockdown and always has been , you are arguing it wasn't bc the ref didn't call it ,that doesn't mean it wasn't an actual knockdown bc his knee hit and any knock down caused buy contact is still ruled a knock down ,you guys need prescription glasses on here for real. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      You read incorrectly, the rules you posted has clearly stated any part of the body touching the canvas is ruled a knockdown .

A knee is an automatic knockdown and always has been , you are arguing it wasn't bc the ref didn't call it ,that doesn't mean it wasn't an actual knockdown bc his knee hit and any knock down caused buy contact is still ruled a knock down ,you guys need prescription glasses on here for real. lol
      I think you read incorrectly. They state clearly that, "A slip or fall to the canvas by a boxer, resulting in any of the above conditions, is not a knockdown."

It's only a knockdown if a punch received from the other fighter causes one of the stated conditions, I didn't see Deontay go down in that fight because of a punch and neither did the ref, who clearly waved it off, telling the judges he ruled it a slip and not a knockdown.

It does not matter if someone's knee touches the canvas, if it's not the result of a punch landed on them, it's not considered a knockdown.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that he slipped, either. We've seen him fall all over himself throwing crazy shots.

Comment

You're also wrong in saying that any knockdown caused by "contact" is ruled a knockdown. It's not a knockdown if it's the result of a headbutt or a shove or anything other than a punch.

Comment

You're also wrong in saying that any knockdown caused by "contact" is ruled a knockdown. It's not a knockdown if it's the result of a headbutt or a shove or anything other than a punch.
          OBVIOUSLY...did Wilder get shoved or head butted ?

Comment

I think you read incorrectly. They state clearly that, "A slip or fall to the canvas by a boxer, resulting in any of the above conditions, is not a knockdown."

It's only a knockdown if a punch received from the other fighter causes one of the stated conditions, I didn't see Deontay go down in that fight because of a punch and neither did the ref, who clearly waved it off, telling the judges he ruled it a slip and not a knockdown.

It does not matter if someone's knee touches the canvas, if it's not the result of a punch landed on them, it's not considered a knockdown.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that he slipped, either. We've seen him fall all over himself throwing crazy shots.

Are you saying the DIRECT video showing glove contact to wilder wasn't the cause of the knee touching and wilder going backwards forcefully into the ropes that he somehow fell by himself ?

It is you who have a very hard time understanding about the rules ,not only that but if the ropes prevent you from going down that's also a official knockdown as is if your glove touches the floor...

Comment

Are you saying the DIRECT video showing glove contact to wilder wasn't the cause of the knee touching and wilder going backwards forcefully into the ropes that he somehow fell by himself ?

It is you who have a very hard time understanding about the rules ,not only that but if the ropes prevent you from going down that's also a official knockdown as is if your glove touches the floor...
              I'm about done with you, I will leave a link to the fight below so you can watch it, try zooming in or something, no punch was landed on Deontay, he fell over because he was trying to slip punches and went back into the ropes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUlfI5VlZuY

Comment

I'm about done with you, I will leave a link to the fight below so you can watch it, try zooming in or something, no punch was landed on Deontay, he fell over because he was trying to slip punches and went back into the ropes.

The video is posted on here, how dumb can you be to think a link proves or shows something different ? Maybe some green K can restore some brain cells?
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-14-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

The video is posted on here, how dumb can you be to think a link proves or shows something different ? Maybe some green K can restore some brain cells?
                  Lolol

That was below the belt

Comment

Jesus Wilder has fought some Tomatoes cans. I’m not really into demonising a guy’s resume so long as he has shown the goods with a top level operator. He did that with Ortiz I suppose. In any case in the video it looks like he got caught with the left but misses the right. For argument sake if a fighter looking like that results in your glove touching the canvas he should automatically be awarded the fight. That is in embarrassing in itself. Wilder has come a long way. No wonder he thinks he is the baddest man on the planet

Comment

What do you see in the video? What punch did Nichols throw that landed. Let's talk boxing not your usual bloviating.

Comment

Working...
                      X