No announcement yet.

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Urijah Faber grappling match set for Quintet 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Saku is a big boy to be wrestling Faber. Kinda crazy they agreed to this.
    The crazy thing about how this tournament works is that if Faber was to submit Sakuraba he could possibly go against Barnett next.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      The crazy thing about how this tournament works is that if Faber was to submit Sakuraba he could possibly go against Barnett next.
      Good gawd....
      If they could arrange a match between Uriah and one of Josh's legs, that might work.

Comment

Good gawd....
        If they could arrange a match between Uriah and one of Josh's legs, that might work.
        It's a team match, 5 vs 5. If you win you stay in, if you draw you're both out, the team with the last man standing is the winner. The total team weight cannot be more than 960lbs I think, so most teams have one or two heavies.

Comment

Saku is a big boy to be wrestling Faber. Kinda crazy they agreed to this.
          It's a grappling match. Size won't really come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by MalaysiaPac View Post
            It's a grappling match. Size won't really come into play.
            You don't think size comes into play in grappling? If you don't, please don't bother to reply. I've put in a lot of hours on the mat and size definitely comes into play.

Comment

You don't think size comes into play in grappling? If you don't, please don't bother to reply. I've put in a lot of hours on the mat and size definitely comes into play.
              Yeah, that's why they do tournaments weight class.

Comment

What kind of tournament? 8 man? And over the course of one night?

Comment

https://youtu.be/kBrMTO9QRkc

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    Well, that will lessen the sting if it happens.

Faber should be allowed to bring in a team Alpha male teammate to help him vs Barnett. 2 vs 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      I wouldn't have a problem with anyone ranking Sakuraba at #1 all-time, beating 4 Gracies and several larger opponents in those Pride tournaments and taking down guys that many others couldn't. He's top 5 at the very least. Didn't he keep getting ear injuries until his ear came off during a fight and he had to have it surgically reattached? Guess he should've gotten that treated sooner.
                      Great post. Sakuraba has a terrible case of cauliflower ear. I think in the fight your thinking the ear 'popped' which is why he needed surgery. I read he needs to get them drained regularly.

Fear of getting cauliflower ear is actually one of the reasons I quit competitive wrestling. That's just nothing I want in my life.

Comment

Working...
                      X