Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Golovkin was the master of cutting off the ring? He didn't utilize that ski

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
    Canelo was on the ropes a lot lol gtfo
    Running or rolling off the ropes the entire fight.

GGG will throw to the body this time. And he doesn't need to purposely go 70% to ensure the pay day like he did v Jacobs and Alvarez 1

Comment

I think GGG would be one of the first to admit he didn’t utilise a lot of his arsenal against Canelo, he did cut the ring off and trap or force Canelo to the ropes but I didn’t think he did much when he had Canelo on the ropes, actually I thought Canelo was landing the better shots with his back on the ropes. This fight in May should answer a lot of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        I watched the fight a second time, I still left with a void of true winner. But that's besides the point,

Anywho what happened to Golovkin's elite ring cutting ability? Cause I didn't see it on display on Saturday night. He was just following Canelo around the ring. Sometimes even recklessly getting tagged with big punches.

Thoughts?
        Why cut off the ring where a fatboy runner who has stamina issues and is running for death life in there burning energy; GGG pressed Canelo to the ropes enough without getting careless

Comment

that's true. it could've been his strategy to keep Canelo moving.

He wasn't trying to finish Canelo in the first fight. He was sandbagging for a 2nd fight.

Comment

the vast majority thought ggg won convincingly against a guy many said would expose him. the expectations of golovkin on this site are ridiculous.

Comment

I watched the fight a second time, I still left with a void of true winner. But that's besides the point,

Anywho what happened to Golovkin's elite ring cutting ability? Cause I didn't see it on display on Saturday night. He was just following Canelo around the ring. Sometimes even recklessly getting tagged with big punches.

Thoughts?
              Canelo's back was agains the ropes for most of the fight. Not sure what fight you were watching. It was ggg cutting the ring off against canelo and canelo evading punches against the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                Wasn't Canelo going from rope to rope to rope?
                This. But ggg wasn't cutting the ring off. Canelo wanted to go to the ropes. LOL

Comment

If GGG starts to the body in the early rounds and keeps Saul under pressure i believe Nelo will gas again in the later rounds and the G scores himself the knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
                    Why cut off the ring where a fatboy runner who has stamina issues and is running for death life in there burning energy; GGG pressed Canelo to the ropes enough without getting careless
                    Wrong, why follow someone around the ring when he's cracking you in your ****ing face?

Comment

Wrong, why follow someone around the ring when he's cracking you in your ****ing face?
                      Weird fight canelo got his odh on yet I still clearly clearly score it 9-3 ggg with no biases, quite pathetic when u think about it, if canelo had stood his ground early he could have caught ggg early like vanes, he was in full retreat getting the sweat knocked off him with jabs and straights moving and bothering him while throwing keep him off me flurries

Comment

Working...
                      X