Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Kovalev fare at Cruiserweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Kovalev fare at Cruiserweight?

How do you like his chances against the top fighters at CW...Usyk, Glowacki, Dorticos, Briedis, Gassiev..etc. Does he have the frame for CW??

I don't think he has a good frame to move up and be very successful. Having said that, he would still be a good fighter up there, I'm just not sure if he could solidify himself as the best CW.

Comment

He'd have to bulk up a little but I really like his chances. He's quick with solid fundamentals and enough power to hang with those guys.
      Usyk is a big bastard and might be able to bully him. Gassiev looks rugged as hell and might be a bit too powerful.
      But, I'd otherwise favor Kovalev against most cruisers if he had time to acclimate.

Comment

I think he'd be able to compete. Problem is lots of cruisers are big dudes that can also punch.

Not sure Kov would be as dominate against bigger opposition.

Comment

I don't think he's tall enough to be able to carry the necessary weight to fight at cruiserweight.

Comment

He doesnt have the style to move up..175-200 is a huge jump

Comment

He would get KTFO

Comment

He'd beat most of the guys in the division, cruisers hit hard but aren't the most skilled.

If a guy like RJJ went 10 with a puncher like Lebedev, I think Kovalev could go a full 12. Bellew has also had considerable success with a W over a top 10 CW.

Added weight would improve his stamina+durability, his quickness and ability to box off the back foot would be too much. This guy hits stupid hard and is accurate, he has the power to drop almost anybody at 190.

Comment

not well

he doesn't have the frame to carry much extra weight and it's one thing knocking out guys who weigh 175 quite another guys who weigh 200lbs

if you are a smaller guy you need speed to move around against these big guys

Comment

Working...
                  X