Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd's Speech Going Bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Money" Mayweather is merely a persona, an act if you will.

How do people not know this by now? Floyd is a damn humble person, more so than that CW fraud.

Comment

that's what he gets for sucking on elllerbie and 50 cent way too long...*****s, learn from your master, stop sucking on him way too much....

Comment

Originally posted by punchville View Post
        that's what he gets for sucking on elllerbie and 50 cent way too long...*****s, learn from your master, stop sucking on him way too much....
        You're weird as hell man. Get some friends or something.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Maybe he's just tired. What does everyone else think?
          i noticed it too. I think he just had trouble articulating what he wanted to say. Its amazing how such a big star as floyd does not have a public relations team behind him to properly coach and prep him for this type of interviews. He looked really bad in that interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
            i noticed it too. I think he just had trouble articulating what he wanted to say. Its amazing how such a big star as floyd does not have a public relations team behind him to properly coach and prep him for this type of interviews. He looked really bad in that interview.
            Yessir, I saw it as earlier as his first presser this week. I started off just thinking he doesn't know how to respond when getting such a positive reception from the crowd

Comment

what makes you say he's smarter than Leonard?
              Leonard was the golden goose since before he even turned pro. All he had to do was appeal to the public and win fights.

Mayweather made it to the top by deliberately fighting the most popular fighters and going out of his way (i.e. Dancing with The Stars) to market himself to the public. Once he reached an certain status, he adopted a business plan that generated obscene income for himself and was against the status quo. I see a lot of premeditation in his career which leads me to believe that he's smarter than Leonard.

Comment

Yessir, I saw it as earlier as his first presser this week. I started off just thinking he doesn't know how to respond when getting such a positive reception from the crowd
                I think he was trying to be too politically correct, polite, and mainstream in that interview. He had trouble when he didnt use the Money May persona. He's been so used to it in all of his public interviews that he was really out of practice just being his regular self. It was a very cringe worthy interview where he struggled to come up with answers, he was stuttering at times, he kept on pausing as if he was trying to mentally reset what was on his mind and what he wanted to come out. there were times where costas had to re explain the question to floyd because floyd was not understanding the question in its proper context. That jeremy lin segment especially. Floyd should have just left that subject alone.

My question is where is al haymon and leonard ellerbe? Floyd should have a proper public relations teams behind him coaching and prepping him for these type of interviews especially against a true bull dog sports journalist like bob costas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                  Same as always. If you put Floyd in a serious setting, he sounds awkward because he's not actually the most well spoken person but wants to sound that way. It's like he has to run through every sentence in his head before he says it. It's a page out of Leonard and De La Hoya's book, but Floyd might be the worst out of the three.
                  Lennox Lewis does the same thing, puts on an accent, and tried to sound more educated, meaning that he comes from a higher social level. Just makes him sound more stupid and common. Many of these fighters who come into money do this.

Comment

Yeah, Floyd's a bit of a dumbass like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                      I think he was trying to be too politically correct, polite, and mainstream in that interview. He had trouble when he didnt use the Money May persona. He's been so used to it in all of his public interviews that he was really out of practice just being his regular self. It was a very cringe worthy interview where he struggled to come up with answers, he was stuttering at times, he kept on pausing as if he was trying to mentally reset what was on his mind and what he wanted to come out. there were times where costas had to re explain the question to floyd because floyd was not understanding the question in its proper context. That jeremy lin segment especially. Floyd should have just left that subject alone.

My question is where is al haymon and leonard ellerbe? Floyd should have a proper public relations teams behind him coaching and prepping him for these type of interviews especially against a true bull dog sports journalist like bob costas.
                      It's because that polite, being humble, speaking straight guy is just not him. He's just not good at doing serious interviews or one-on-one interviews. Even on Conan he looked a bit awkward. Ever notice that the only times he looks comfortable in interviews is when Ellerbe or some of his crew is around him.

Comment

Working...
                      X