Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the swiss voting to end poverty: give every adult $33,600 a year...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome.

Now U.S. born citizens have our own America to run to. We can drain their economy, not their learn language and pump out kids like it's going out of style.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Awesome.

Now U.S. born citizens have our own America to run to. We can drain their economy, not their learn language and pump out kids like it's going out of style.

That sounds like the American way. Sign me up for the free Swiss way of life... I'll call myself a European American-Swiss. I gotta join the rest and live the easy life based off others hard work.

Comment

sweatshop is hardwork but ofcourse we all know..

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyRebel View Post
          That sounds like the American way. Sign me up for the free Swiss way of life... I'll call myself a European American-Swiss. I gotta join the rest and live the easy life based off others hard work.
          And if the native Swiss citizens want to blame us when the unemployment and crime rate skyrockets, we just cry racism and intolerance. "We just looking for an opportunity and better life doe."

It will work out beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            And if the native Swiss citizens want to blame us when the unemployment and crime rate skyrockets, we just cry racism and intolerance. "We just looking for an opportunity and better life doe."

It will work out beautifully.

Comment

This looks something you'd see some two-bit single parent tramp post on Facebook in a dreadful attempt to look informed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post
                I think this makes sense. A lot of jobs that can be automated will get to be so without the need to feel bad about replacing those workers. Plus would leave people with the ability to pursue their interests more sincerely since they have the fallback option of making a living wage. If only there wasn't the caveat of how to pay for that program...

Comment

i might not mind watching tv all year for $33K

do they cover utilities too?

Comment

I remember reading Nixon propose a very similar idea here in America but it didn't go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Eventually with all the technology & automation going on there will need to be a basic income. There are already more people than ever not working or working less hrs for lower wages cuz you need less people to be as productive as you used to be & every company tries to cut corners so the next earnings report has a better % increase than the last. So eventually things are gonna reach a point where the whole economy collapses cuz so few people are working that so few people will be able afford the **** the company they work at makes or services for people.
                      Complete nonsense. You seem to operate under the false premise that there is a fixed amount of jobs in the economy, and that no new ones can be created. If we ever got to the point that machines were doing all of our manufacturing....things would be so cheap [deflation] that the owners of said machines could hire ppl for cheap to do their chores. And it wouldn't matter that they're not getting paid a high wage, because 10 dollars would be like a 100 dollars in purchasing power. Just speculation of course on the 10/100 but it's a better speculation than your scenario.

An economy doesn't just collapse because people have run out of things to do...job wise. If goods are being produced that we all need, enough ppl wold have stock ownership/physical ownership of things. We'd have a bigger Service sector economy. The wealthy non-workers would employ the non-wealthy to do simple tasks around their house, or to be their driver because they could afford it. The employed person will have a "living wage" because everything will be dirt cheap. No 15 an hour inflated waged needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X