No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Padwork revisited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO: Padwork revisited

As many of you know, I have been incredibly sick lately. I fought with an intestinal parasite, in addition to my pre-existing condition. I held off on treatment until after the fight. The treatment for the parasite has absolutely destroyed me. After more than 3 years of only missing a day in the gym, I have been unable to go for the better part of 3 weeks. Since my fight, I have only been able to get to the gym twice.

I finished the antibiotics last week, but recovery is going very slow. I am going to try and get in the gym tomorrow, hopefully my body co-operates.

It is at times like this when I look back at some of my videos and marvel at my conditioning. Even though I was not in peak condition when I filmed it, it is hard for me to believe that I once had the stamina to do that.

hey good work, that was nice and sharp /slick...hope ya health improves man

i wanna start standing and covering like that once ive had about 10 or so fights...once im past novice level......not saying im def. going to do it...ill just experiment and see if i can pull it off effectively in sparring n that and if i feel good doing it and my trainers are cool with it ill do it

Comment

You had very good defence shawn, with the slipping and stuff.

Comment

good, considering that you're recovering from serious illness... keep up the good work

Comment

i can understand where you're coming from. this marks the beginning of my fourth week of no sparring or heavy bag work. it's killing me to watch everybody else have fun while i just have to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
            i can understand where you're coming from. this marks the beginning of my fourth week of no sparring or heavy bag work. it's killing me to watch everybody else have fun while i just have to watch.
            why?? hand injury??

Comment

why?? hand injury??
              i damaged a muscle in my left elbow that twists my hand. until that heals i can't put any power behind my left hand.

Comment

pad work is one thing that really missing from my routine nowadays, my trainer has bad elbows, and has to have cortisone shots every once in a while so he doesnt do much pad work with us any more. we do a lot of sparring tho so i guess that makes me learn the hard way, even though i think its the only way

nice pad work.

Comment

Them shorts are gay as **** and your technique is good but you are painfully slow. If you went any slower you would come to a standstill.

Comment

Why the coatch slaps the mits into hits? My coach never do that

Comment

Working...
                    X