Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any posters on here willing to admit they had Wilder wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    I’ve got nothin tbh. Just gonna take this L. Thought it’d eventually get done but this was just too blatant. Was rooting for him cuz he’s American but.. s hit. It’s gotten ridiculous. He just doesn’t want it. I dont know what else to say.
    At least you’re honest

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
      So after he fights Breazeale, let DAZN and Showtime make their offers to Wilder and Joshua and we'll see who makes the better offer. Why should Wilder fight Joshua on DAZN for 40 if Showtime is willing to pay each of them more than DAZN is willing to pay?

The fight easily does 1.5 million PPV buys at $85, with $60 of each buy going into the pot. So $90 million from PPV alone, plus UK PPV, plus live gate, foreign rights, sponsorships, etc. The fight has the potential to bring in $150 million or more.
      No it doesn’t “easily” do that. Don’t know how many times I’ve read on here aj is nobody in America. The wilder fury fight did 300 thousand buys do you honestly think adding Joshua to the mix will generate an additional 1.2 million buys? That’s a lot for someone who’s a nobody in America. Remember Tyson fury is more well known in America according to the experts on here.
      Last edited by Fabes88; 03-20-2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
        Wilder's side isn't the one holding things up.
        wow. just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          No it doesn’t “easily” do that. Don’t know how many times I’ve read on here aj is nobody in America. The wilder fury fight did 300 thousand buys do you honestly think adding Joshua to the mix will generate an additional 1.2 million buys?
          Doesn't matter what I think. Showtime is willing to guarantee purses based on 1.5 million buys.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            wow. just wow.
            They aren't the side saying you can only get the fight if you jump ship and sign with our platform for 4 fights.

Whichever side is putting up road blocks is the side stalling things.

Comment

because hes fighting breazele next n aj is fighting miller next means he doesn't want the fight? now the turning down $100 mil is like wtf, maybe he has other plans, who knows I'm not a business manager. sounds like he thinks he can get more in the future and his handlers don't wanna give hearn/DANZ the upper hand

Comment

Wilder agreed to a $15M flat fee, they rejected him. Wilder offered them $50M, they rejected him. Wilder doesn't sign a DAZN contract that had no guarantee of a Joshua fight since Joshua isn't signed to DAZN, and apparently that's a problem.

Comical.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Wilder agreed to a $15M flat fee, they rejected him. Wilder offered them $50M, they rejected him. Wilder doesn't sign a DAZN contract that had no guarantee of a Joshua fight since Joshua isn't signed to DAZN, and apparently that's a problem.

Comical.
                  hearn is saying aj was guaranteed as the 2nd fight, I have no idea how to see if hes just talking or was it true.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                    I said it all along. Wilders ego could never accept being a b side. Hed rather fight bumzeale than earn a career high payday
                    He would have still fought Brazeale and earned a career high payday doing it. That shows you how dumb he is if you ask me.

Comment

I don't think we know enough to make that judgement. What I do know is this:

The AJ fans said Wilder was ducking at $5m and that it was a good deal.
                      The AJ fans said Wilder was ducking at $15m and that it was a good deal.
                      The AJ fans now say Wilder is ducking at $40m and that it was a good deal.

The first two statements weren't true at the time yet the AJ fans were all up in arms about how Wilder was a chump who was ducking AJ. Now it shows that all the AJ fans were wrong - those deals SUCKED as some of us said they did. So the first people to admit they were wrong are those AJ fans.

Now I'm inclined to believe that the current offers are good. I think we're finally into the ballpark of what is the reasonable market rate (which makes the $15M offer CHUMP CHANGE, which is what I've said consistently). But I'm not privy to all the offers Wilder has received and I doubt anyone else here is either. It may be that by waiting another 3 months and KOing Breazeale - if he does it - could up that offer to $200M over 3-4 fights. We simply don't know what the maximum upside is. If Wilder thinks (or more likely if it's already down on paper) that he could make more by winning his next one and then signing then he's just betting on himself. It could be a smart move.

Or this deal could be reasonably as good as it gets, he knows it and he's ducking AJ. Both are equally plausible and we probably won't know which it is until we see what happens after the next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X