No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: DAZN's Global Vision Perfectly Matched My Goals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
    Another dumba$$ that doesn't do his homework. Abel Sanchez repeatedly said in the past Nobody from 154 to 168 lasts the distance." When Andre Ward(who was 168lbs at the time) called GGG out he ducked him plain and simple. So all the other boxing greats can move up in weight to make better fights but not GGG?When GGG was asked about a Ward fight he said "maybe, yes" but the fight never happened because Ward would've embarrassed him and anyone with decent boxing knowledge knew that. You, obviously, are not included in that group.

Several people have called this dude out over the yrs.That are in or close to his weight class and for most of his career he's been fighting bums. Real boxing fans knew at the time he was a manufactured\fake boogeyman.Those are facts.

The first 2 legit Elite opponents that were his size-he couldn't KO. Those are facts.

When he needed an opponent for a fight before Canelo rematch, several top fighters IN HIS DIVISION offered to step in on late notice. He chose to fight an undersized, completely washed up Vanes Martirosyan. Those are facts.

You're a f---ing joke. Go do some research then come back and apologize you fake a$$ boxing fan.
    Eh, the situation never really called for them to fight each other. The 164 offer was bs but it was in response to Ward wanting 50-50. Golovkin wasn't a star but he certainly was bigger than Ward, even then. And no one knows how that fight would've went. It is telling that the only 2 guys to share the ring with both of them believed Gennady would win, whatever that's worth. Shame because I think it would've been a good fight and more competitive than people like you think it would've been.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      ...or maybe, just maybe, his primary concern was just going with the network that offered him the best financial deal?
      What was I thinking!?
      I forgot how cash-strapped Golovkin is. He was nearly
      bankrupt and the bank was threatening to take his home.
      He needed to prioritize money over looking for fights that
      could enhance his legacy and give fans 'big drama shows'.
      Old Golovkin can't help his legacy by waiting to get
      beaten by younger fighters he has already fought before.
      It would have been nice, in my opinion, to see him
      attempt to clean out PBC's line-up of middleweights, but
      I'm just a poor boxing fan and I have to be understanding
      of Golovkin's predicament if he's as impoverished as you
      say. I understand both the value of a dollar and what is
      important in life. Money is a huge motivator, even for many
      people who claim to be chasing more noble esoteric dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        LoL, you punk ass child molester!
        You're pathetic! I own you punk!
        You're my own personal biitch now!
        Exactly what I thought...

Your formula:

1) Call a person out on their boxing knowledge while possessing none yourself.

2) Once you're inevitably exposed as an obvious fraud, hurl childish insults and name -call like a 12yr old.

Pull your skirt up b----

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
          Eh, the situation never really called for them to fight each other. The 164 offer was bs but it was in response to Ward wanting 50-50. Golovkin wasn't a star but he certainly was bigger than Ward, even then. And no one knows how that fight would've went. It is telling that the only 2 guys to share the ring with both of them believed Gennady would win, whatever that's worth. Shame because I think it would've been a good fight and more competitive than people like you think it would've been.
          The situation never called for them to fight each other? The fans and the media were asking for that fight for a while. GGG had a Ko streak going and Ward just dusted everyone in the 168 tournament.

Which fighter had the bigger name\bargaining power is somewhat debatable. GGG had a bigger name with casuals but was far less accomplished than Ward at the time (and still is even though Ward has retired). Considering GGG had name recognition and Ward had the titles (and a far superior resume), a 50\50 split was more than fair. And it should've been contested at 168- none of that 164 catch-weight nonsense.

It didn't tell me much what their shared opponents had to say about who would win. We've seen that debunked in the past more times than I care to count.

I personally don't believe it would've been competitive past the early rounds. But the point is no one is right 100% of the time and in boxing anything can happen. It's just another fight we wanted that we never got. What's new...

Comment

Exactly what I thought...

Your formula:

1) Call a person out on their boxing knowledge while possessing none yourself.

2) Once you're inevitably exposed as an obvious fraud, hurl childish insults and name -call like a 12yr old.

Pull your skirt up b----
            LoL, biitch I've forgotten more about boxing than you'll ever know! So IDK WTF you talking about??
            You're back to smoking that Triple D again huh???

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
              What was I thinking!?
              I forgot how cash-strapped Golovkin is. He was nearly
              bankrupt and the bank was threatening to take his home.
              He needed to prioritize money over looking for fights that
              could enhance his legacy and give fans 'big drama shows'.
              Old Golovkin can't help his legacy by waiting to get
              beaten by younger fighters he has already fought before.
              It would have been nice, in my opinion, to see him
              attempt to clean out PBC's line-up of middleweights
              , but
              I'm just a poor boxing fan and I have to be understanding
              of Golovkin's predicament if he's as impoverished as you
              say. I understand both the value of a dollar and what is
              important in life. Money is a huge motivator, even for many
              people who claim to be chasing more noble esoteric dreams.
              Yeah. It would have been nice, thing is whichever way he jumped there's gonna be fighters he could fight and fighters he couldn't. Simple fact is if he went with PBC or ESPN there'd be dudes claiming he was ducking Canelo, Jacobs and Andrade - I suspect you'd probably even be one of them. Besides, do you normally make a habit of trying to criticise fighters for doing the best for themselves financially?

I sense you're aiming for a post dripping in sarcasm, but what you actually got is a bit of a fail... I ain't in the business of shitting on fighters for failing to fight the best, because that's what happens to most fighters, most of the time, whether they're sincere about chasing glory or not, but in this case it's clear that the strongest MW roster currently lies with DAZN anyway, especially with Saunders and Charlo fighting on different networks. Hell - even Derevyanchenko's likely to end up with DAZN since it looks like that's the way Lou is leaning these days.

Simple fact is there just isn't anything really to criticise about this news, nor is it controversial in any way, but you just can't let any news about GGG go by without having a dig, so what do you do? Start off by making some weird-ass post about about GGGs obsession with Canelo which actually says a deal more about you than it does about anything going on in the real world, and then follow it up by criticising Golovkin for signing with the network with the strongest roster who are also offering the most money.

C'mon, man...

Comment

I don't hate I simply tell the truth. I actually like GGG's personality he seems like a cool dude. I don't fully respect his career up to this point. Especially considering he didn't step up to elite competition until age 33\34yrs. Old. Whether I like a fighter or not I stick to the facts ALWAYS.

He clearly ducked Ward a few yrs. Back and he only fought tomatoe cans and journeymen with names up until he fought Kell Brook(who was 2 weight class below him at the time). He followed that up by fighting Jacobs (his first fully legit opponent,)-a fight that was close but I felt Jacobs edged out. He followed that up with:

canelo1- A fight GGG clearly won IMO.

Martirosyan- undersized, way past his prime fighter. He could've fought Saunders, Andrade or Deryvchenko at the time and didn't.

Canelo 2- Although more competitive, GGG won this one as well.

Now, based off of his track record- I can only assume he's about to fight another bum or 2 before he gets robbed by Canelo again in the fall. Hence the "YAAAAWWWWNNN!" in my previous post.

I'm not a "black & white" boxing fans. There's pros and cons to most-if not- all of these fighters.
                Lol man I have honestly never seen another fighter who threatens people's pysches like GGG. Not trying to offend with that comment but it seems GGG really does do that to a lot of fans. Him succeeding just seems to give them serious heartburn lol. Some people just refuse to give him credit when it's obvious he deserves a lot. Starting with his amateur career to now it is obvious the guy is the real deal and is a hell of a fighter and has a hell of a resume to back that up.

Lol and honestly your comments here are just surprising considering your feelings in the other thread about fans backing fighters based on whatever suits their narrative, and running with a narrative that clearly isn't true just because it helps them cope, then that's exactly what you do here multiple times lol.

Example 1

Starting from 2011 to now GGG has Ouma, Proksa, Rosado, Ishida, Macklin, Stevens, Adama, Geale, Rubio, Murray, Monroe, Lemieux, Brook, and Vanes on his resume. All by KO, all different style of fighters, all clear wins, none of them with home cooking/all on the road/neutral site.

Then he has a straightforward win against Jacobs and I feel two clear wins against Canelo, although the second fight was competitive, I feel GGG just outworked Canelo in the later rounds and took it. With GGG's jab, workrate, and scoring ability he is just really hard to win rounds against, he is a hell of a fighter.

As far as resume goes, that's actually probably the best and least controversial resume of this decade, how in the world can anyone say someone like Murray or Ouma or Lemieux or Geale or any of those guys were journeymen lol? Ignoring the Murray win alone, and saying Jacobs was his firstfully legit opponent lol, just seems to indicate you may not really have done the research independently on GGG and are just using talking points to suit your narrative, which is unfortunate man.

Trying to say he was fighting 'bums' when he was smashing really good fighters is just wild lol. Just because he smashed them all of a sudden people just try and say they suck. Same thing you agreed on in another thread but now that is doesn't suit your narrative you clearly change your tune lol. Just wild lol. You ignore his really good wins over good and really good fighters just because he smashed them, and you pretend somehow those guys suck lol. It's bizarre.

Example 2
                Saying he 'clearly ducked Ward' is just another wild claim that unfortunately indicates you are touting a narrative that isn't true but you repeat it because it suits your agenda. Anyone objective in analyzing that situation knows Ward had a lot of issues in actually fighting around that time, and Ward has shown that for better or worse he is very hard to deal with in terms of getting a deal done.

On the other hand GGG has always shown himself to be pretty fair in terms of getting a deal done. Saying GGG clearly ducked a guy who a) was rarely fighting, b) was the B side but wanted to control the process and c) wasn't even at his weight, I mean that is just a bizarre comment lol.

Example 3
                Saying Jacobs beat GGG, and saying Canelo didn't also illustrates you back fighters not based on what happens in the ring, unfortunately, but instead by seeing what you hope to see.

Jacobs was the clear challenger (as opposed to Canelo who at least was the A side, lineal champ and money champ in the GGG fights, while GGG held the belts), and got dropped once, hurt a few times, and was on the back foot the whole fight. Just because he had a couple good rounds, I mean how could anyone say he actually deserved to win that fight lol. He survived and fought a good fight, but that one was over after 8 or 9 rounds as far as the score goes. What rounds did you give to Jacobs?

I feel the Jacobs and Canelo fights were all 3 straightforward 8-4 wins for GGG, and I think the facts and punch stats back me up on that. But how could you think Jacobs won his, when Canelo did a better version of what Jacobs did in his Canelo/GGG 1, and then did much better than Jacobs in Canelo/GGG 2 lol?

Again saying Jacobs won and Canelo (while I feel GGG quite clearly won all 3) didn't unfortunately just shows you are not really backing what happens in the ring but instead you are trying desperately to see what you want to see.

Example 4
                Talking about Vanes, he just turned 32 and hadn't fought in a couple years. Not exactly prime but at the same time that age and schedule would seem to indicate he was still pretty fresh. He actually looked good in there the while it lasted against GGG, GGG was just too good. And sparked Vanes out whereas other very good fighters like Charlo and Andrade, and a great one, Lara, couldn't do anything with Vanes besides go 12 hard rounds with him. Trying in every way possible to downplay that win again unfortunately illustrates serious bias with your reasoning. Vanes was probably GGG's tenth best win whereas it is the best win of Charlo, Andrade and Lara...pretty telling stuff there. And GGG smashed Vanes vs those guys going 12 close rounds with him.

Further, fighting Andrade or Dervy or Saunders in an interim bout, with no real camp, when a big money fight with Canelo is next. I mean who would possibly advocate for GGG to take on a huge risk on short notice before a big time money fight with Canelo? Unfortunately the only person who would give GGG flack for that decision is someone who is aching to give him a hard time for any and everything, and refuses to acknowledge what is obvious, which is the fact that the man is an incredible boxer and champion and has had one hell of a career.

I do appreciate your love for the sweet science my friend and I encourage you to keep studying the game and to do some more independent research and to leave your bias at the door. Holding out hate for guys just because you can't relate to them is just not healthy. In that one post you showed yourself to be the very person you were just railing against in another thread. I wish you the best of luck and just remember that just because a fighter who doesn't look like you is successful does not mean you are less worthy because of that my friend.
                Last edited by Boxing_1013; 03-08-2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

The situation never called for them to fight each other? The fans and the media were asking for that fight for a while. GGG had a Ko streak going and Ward just dusted everyone in the 168 tournament.

Which fighter had the bigger name\bargaining power is somewhat debatable. GGG had a bigger name with casuals but was far less accomplished than Ward at the time (and still is even though Ward has retired). Considering GGG had name recognition and Ward had the titles (and a far superior resume), a 50\50 split was more than fair. And it should've been contested at 168- none of that 164 catch-weight nonsense.

It didn't tell me much what their shared opponents had to say about who would win. We've seen that debunked in the past more times than I care to count.

I personally don't believe it would've been competitive past the early rounds. But the point is no one is right 100% of the time and in boxing anything can happen. It's just another fight we wanted that we never got. What's new...
                  1 - Ward beat Froch in Dec 11 to win the super 6. GGG's first big win came against Ouma in June 11. No one was clamoring for them to fight each other until much later in their careers. To get that timeline so wrong indicates you don't really know what you're talking about, but again want to seem like you do, and will say anything to support your narrative. Just sad man.

2 - Lol come on, everyone knows the guy with the bigger name is the A side. That's how it works. With your logic, you were surely claiming Pac deserved a 50/50 split with Mayweather? lol. GGG had titles as well, for what it's worth, to further downplay your argument.

3 - Man how can anyone hype up Ward's resume and hate on GGG's lol. Ward fought all of his fights as the home fighter, grinded out unimpressive 'wins' in his literal backyard against good fighters. Have you actually watched the Bika or Barerra fights? How did you score the Bika fight btw? Ward's only top non-controversial win in his whole career was over Froch and that was a 7-5 win. That's not a strong resume at all.

4 - Why shouldn't Ward have come down to 160 to fight GGG when Ward made Dawson come down to 168 instead of a catchweight for that fight? How can you say Dawson needed to come all the way down for Ward but Ward doesn't need to move an inch for GGG? I think we all know why...

As far as the actual fight played out, in their primes, it would have been a good one. Ward always benefited from fighting at home and never really being penalized for the dirty tactics he put out there. If the ref allowed those it would have been a close fight probably. If it were in a neutral site with a neutral ref he just couldn't really compete with GGG. As far as actual boxing talent goes GGG is just miles ahead of Ward. Never understood how anyone could hype Ward up unless they have an incentive in doing so, the film just doesn't back up what people claim about him unfortunately.

Comment

Global vision nonsense.
                    Just admit it's about the huge money doe.
                    Nothing else.

Comment

I think the problem is a lot of the criticism of GGG's resume is just not accurate at all. I understand why people say it - because if you don't like him it is really the only thing you can try and hate on him for. He won almost all his fights by KO, so saying those guys sucked is the only recourse most people have if they want to diminish what he did. Even the Jacobs and Canelo fights were pretty straightforward wins for him but the first time his fights go to decision anyone who hates on him is quick to say he lost those fights lol. It's just not really sound analysis.

But yeah GGG's dominant stretch started in 2011 with the win over Ouma and he has (imo, giving him the two Canelo wins) 17 good to great wins on his resume. By far the best resume of anyone else in the running this decade. As far as best wins I would say Canelo (2) and Jacobs were his top 3. But Murray, Geale, Stevens, Lemieux, Brook would all be in the second batch. Followed by Vanes, Proksa, Rubio, Monroe, Ouma, Adama, Macklin, Ishidia, Rosado. All of those past the first 3 fights were all by KOs and pretty dominant. Just a great resume for anyone. Don't see how people can really try and hate on the man that much. He deserves much more credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X