What fighter has the weakest resume to be widely considered a top 3 p4p fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
    Joe Calzaghe...........
    I second that. And maybe Tim Bradley. He has a controversy win over PAC. And an ancient JMM

Inoue don’t know why some many have him #1 with only 19 fights? And let’s be real old man Donaire took him life and death. Crawford, Loma and round out the rest...

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
      Current resume and opposition is 110% part of p4p why the hell do u think bud dont got that recognition

no, that is not true... otherwise Pac would clearly be #1, he has the best active resume... and if resume "was 110% part of p4p"... then GGG would never have been ranked at all... resume is just a consideration

you are mixing up P4P with ATG

ATG is " 110% all resume " ... not P4P

style/skills/form = 80% ... resume = 20%

plenty of P4P guys lost to untested, or non-P4P, opponents

Comment

Crawford , dude has been fighting cans forever ............

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Yes indeed he is pound for pound one of the best. You have pound for pound mixed up with resume. If it was resume they would call it resume and not pound for pound. Resume is who you fought and how you did with them. Pound for pound is just how good you think a fighter is for his pounds and who you think he can beat. His potential. He doesn't have to have beaten top guys. If most people think he can beat the top guys based on recent fights then he gets a high pound for pound rating.
          But surely resume plays a role in this, right? I mean, I could schedule matches against every 11 year old in the neighborhood, and look like SRR, dancing around, putting them to sleep. But that wouldn’t make me a great P4P, would it? Resume must be important.

Much as I hate to admit it because I suspect he takes steroids/HGH, Canelo has the best resume in boxing. As far as I can tell, he has ducked no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeh333 View Post
            But surely resume plays a role in this, right? I mean, I could schedule matches against every 11 year old in the neighborhood, and look like SRR, dancing around, putting them to sleep. But that wouldn’t make me a great P4P, would it? Resume must be important.

Much as I hate to admit it because I suspect he takes steroids/HGH, Canelo has the best resume in boxing. As far as I can tell, he has ducked no one.
            yes resume relevant to the boxer currently, a sort of close topeak resume.

whereas legacy would be about cumulative resume.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              no, that is not true... otherwise Pac would clearly be #1, he has the best active resume... and if resume "was 110% part of p4p"... then GGG would never have been ranked at all... resume is just a consideration

you are mixing up P4P with ATG

ATG is " 110% all resume " ... not P4P

style/skills/form = 80% ... resume = 20%

plenty of P4P guys lost to untested, or non-P4P, opponents
              CURRENT RESUME . Which I agree is about 20% of the criteria all I was saying is who the fighters are currently getting in the ring with and beating says something about their p4p status

I said 110% current resume is a PART of p4p status, which u seem to agree with

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                currently.... Crawford has the weakest resume

but, he is probably the best fighter in the world

P4P is obviously not based on resume... the silly casuals always insist that resume is the determining factor, but it is only a consideration

on style/skills/form, the main considerations... Crawford is the man

the only real arguments are Lomachenko and Canelo

Lomachenko is simply phenomenal

Canelo is outstanding, with HUGE balls and the best resume by far

my current list would be...
                1) Crawford
                2) Lomachenko
                3) Canelo

I got no problem with anyone mixing that list up, and will not argue at this point

there is nothing in it
                Great list.

Inoue is knocking on the door now though. Hes a great fighter too

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeh333 View Post

Precisely correct. But that's how NSB quantifies P4P. Fight nobodies, look good, pass the 'eye test' and you're top P4P. Hell, they probably started rating him when he beat the hell out of that car shop owner.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                    Crawford and Spence then Loma
                    I second this

Comment

Working...
                    X