No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Casimero Crushes Zolani Tete in Three, Captures WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Nice detail, man, I'd missed that at the time.
    I was expecting some complications given the problems that orthodox boxers have with long range southpaws. I assumed that Tete would use his footwork to outbox Casimero from long distance, I was wrong.

Not disappointed however, a good shake up for the Bantamweight division, happy to see someone come way down from flyweight and have success way up north, Inoue and Casimero have this in common and should make for a interesting dialog.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      I was expecting some complications given the problems that orthodox boxers have with long range southpaws. I assumed that Tete would use his footwork to outbox Casimero from long distance, I was wrong.

Not disappointed however, a good shake up for the Bantamweight division, happy to see someone come way down from flyweight and have success way up north, Inoue and Casimero have this in common and should make for a interesting dialog.
      It has been a fantastic month at Bantam. If Nery hadn't fkd up again you would have had every single TBRB top 8 Bantam facing another top 8 Bantam in the same calender month which has to be some kinda record. Even with Nery's snafu it's still one of the best single division months I can recall so it ain't surprising there's been a bit of a shake up.

Like you say, though, real happy for Casimero and now there's plenty of great matches to be made, dude can't fail to entertain.... Tete and Donaire are still absolutely in the mix, I'd really like to see John in there with Oubaali or Rodriguez and of course if Nery really is moving up (and he damn well should be) the must see fight at 118 now has to be Casimero vs Naoya.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-01-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        It has been a fantastic month at Bantam. If Nery hadn't fkd up again you would have had every single TBRB facing another top 8 Bantam in the same calender month which has to be some kinda record. Even with Nery's snafu it's still one of the best single division months I can recall so it ain't surprising there's been a bit of a shake up.

Like you say, though, real happy for Casimero and now there's plenty of great matches to be made, dude can't fail to entertain.... Tete and Donaire are still absolutely in the mix, I'd really like to see John in there with Oubaali or Rodriguez and of course if Nery really is moving up (and he damn well should be) the must see fight at 118 now has to be Casimero vs Naoya.
        I failed to notice, mind-blown

I'm in intrigued by what becomes of both Tete and Donaire, I doubt they fight, for what? Tete is not drawing in the UK, that arena last night was empty. And lol, I just remembered Ryan Burnett getting his cheeks busted by Nonito! -- what a crazy division.

Comment

Anybody have a GIF of Casimero finishing a Japanese guy with a shoryuken?

I think it was this year, but they fought in the Philippines not in japan.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            John Riel was ready to Tete, you don't land on Zolani with such precision. Casimero has been underrated.

Both champion and challenger were attempting to establish lead foot dominance, Casimero is very experience and has been known to get rough if thats what it takes to win. I noticed that as Zolani Tete would try to place his lead foot on the outside, Casimero would discourage that by stepping on Tete ; a veteran tactic.

If you study the film just before the knockdown, John Riel tapped Tete's foot with his own, like warning him and that distracted Tete for just long enough for Casimero to place his foot on the outside and get behind Zolani's right arm and provided full range to unload.

A rematch would likely play out the same.
            ... of course I've watched their feet... ...

... This is how it looked when Casimero first punched him to the body...

Comment

Originally posted by dx_misled View Post
              Anybody have a GIF of Casimero finishing a Japanese guy with a shoryuken?

I think it was this year, but they fought in the Philippines not in japan.

Casimero is moving up the ladder toward the final boss nicely.
              Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... of course I've watched their feet... ...

... This is how it looked when Casimero first punched him to the body...

Who would of thought that John Riel Casimero would of schooled Zolani Tete!

Comment

Originally posted by chico malo ali View Post
                cayate pendejo!get off them nuts!they dont like you!
                Bitter much? Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Danieltapia View Post
                  Wonder if Moruti Mthalane watched this title bout because he had stopped both these fighters.
                  He took that Mthalane fight on a few weeks notice coz he was looking for a fight to earn some money. But turned out Capetown is a very high altitude location with a steamy and thin atmosphere where Mthalane is used to. They were banging shots until Casimero couldn't handle the air anymore. He was caught with some big shots but he handled more shots heavier than those in the past. He wasn't hurt, he just suddenly quit due to thin air. He couldn't easily breathe.

Comment

Damn, that Shoryuken just made me a fan.

Comment

Always felt like Tete was a hype job.

Comment

Working...
                      X