Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a win over Crawford put Pac in line for a Floyd Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a win over Crawford put Pac in line for a Floyd Rematch?

If Manny were to fight Crawford and pull off an impressive victory, do you think a rematch with Floyd suddenly starts to look more appealing? A win shows us that Manny is still a serious threat. Even though Crawford is no Floyd, people might think, "If Manny was able to dismantle Crawford, maybe he could do something different in a Floyd Rematch... If he was able to defeat this young, hungry lion, maybe he'll be able to get the best of an aging Floyd"

If the Crawford fight happens, then maybe a Manny-Floyd rematch next May... Or. If Manny fights Vargas in November, he'll fight Crawford in April and push a potential Floyd rematch back to September 2017.

I personally think we'll get Manny-Vargas, and then Manny-Crawford in April and if no Floyd rematch, then that will be his last fight.

I would say yes but only if it's a TR PPV. If HBO fails to pick up the Nov 5th PPV, I believe their contract with Manny is officially over. That would allow Manny to sign to fight Floyd again and HBO would not get a split, which would put more in Floyd's pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I would say yes but only if it's a TR PPV. If HBO fails to pick up the Nov 5th PPV, I believe their contract with Manny is officially over. That would allow Manny to sign to fight Floyd again and HBO would not get a split, which would put more in Floyd's pocket.
      But he'd still be with TR, no? TR/HBO go hand and hand I thought.

Comment

I'd wait on those PPV #'s first.

Comment

I doubt it the first fight had to be forced on little floyd. He had to pay an army of people to secure his W.

Comment

A fight with Crawford would put him in line for a another face-down nap.

Comment

The only person who's opinion means anything on this matter is the opinion of Floyd Mayweather. He is the sole decider of a rematch happening or not happening. Mayweather is an attention junkie. He might get very jealous of Pacquiao if Pacquiao beat Crawford so impressively that everyone was heaping praise on Pacquiao and saying how great Pacquiao was.That might bring him out of retirement to try to beat Pacquiao again and become the center of attention. Of course he would also want his piddling 200 million dollar check.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Yea i heard manny would be a free agent

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                  But he'd still be with TR, no? TR/HBO go hand and hand I thought.
                  Manny would be on TR but not HBO

Comment

Working...
                  X