No announcement yet.

Student Loans & Federal Grant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Loans & Federal Grant

anyone had used this for school? i have never gone to school here in the US and now im about to go back. i applied for this and looks like i might be getting help. i am hoping i could so that i could pursue my dream of being a chef and putting up my own restaurants across the US.

are there any problems about this later on? the financial adviser told me that i don't have anything to put out from my pocket as of now. now what about after the school? is it going to be too much? they told me i got 6 months after the end of the school before they are going to start charging me. i was told that the interest would be about $30 bucks / 3. something percent.

anyway it's been a while since i been in school so this is kinda new to me. any thoughts?

Grants, you don't have to pay back.

Loans, you pay back.

And the 6 months after school thing is after you are finished with school. Once you're done, or you drop out, that's when you will be required to pay for your tuition. Like a car payment. lol

I'm assuming it's a trade school? They normally do that. It shouldn't be too bad, as they normally get you intern work during your schooling and then aid you in getting a job right after you finish.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Grants, you don't have to pay back.

Loans, you pay back.

And the 6 months after school thing is after you are finished with school. Once you're done, or you drop out, that's when you will be required to pay for your tuition. Like a car payment. lol

I'm assuming it's a trade school? They normally do that. It shouldn't be too bad, as they normally get you intern work during your schooling and then aid you in getting a job right after you finish.
      i see i see. but there's no bad thing about this right? how's the payment for the loan afterwards? do they charge too much?

so do i have to pay anything monthly or they do all the payment while im at school?

yeah the good thing i like is that they are going to help me find work in the same industry while studying and help me get a job afterwards.

Comment

I think it's monthly but if you got good financial aid, it should cover most of the tuition.

As for the loans. That just depends on the loans you get, i would suppose. A lot of people take out loans and get in debt with it. You manage it correctly, I am sure you wouldn't be in rough shape after school.

Grants would be the better way to go and if you still need some money afterwards, then consider loans.

Comment

I think it's monthly but if you got good financial aid, it should cover most of the tuition.

As for the loans. That just depends on the loans you get, i would suppose. A lot of people take out loans and get in debt with it. You manage it correctly, I am sure you wouldn't be in rough shape after school.

Grants would be the better way to go and if you still need some money afterwards, then consider loans.
          what do u mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby No Sex View Post
            what do u mean?

Well, my sister's friend took out loans when she went to school in Sacramento. Used none of it for school. Dropped out of school. Wound up in debt. Then moved back home and now works 2 jobs and still doesn't have money to do any fun things.

Comment

Most college students have to take loans out. You get the loan to cover your tuition and once you graduate or drop out you have 6 months "grace period". After the 6 months is up you start getting charged. Can't really tell you how much you will be expected to pay because I don't know how much you are borrowing. Usually it isn't much though. I know a dumbass that owes 150,000 in student loans and they charge him like 400 dollars a month. He's lucky he just landed a well paying job as an engineer for one of the big 3. In comparison, I owe about 23,000 dollars in loans and my min. monthly payment is only 75 bucks.

Comment

Well, my sister's friend took out loans when she went to school in Sacramento. Used none of it for school. Dropped out of school. Wound up in debt. Then moved back home and now works 2 jobs and still doesn't have money to do any fun things.
                A lot of universities have prevented that. When borrowing the university only awards so much for tuition and maybe a little bit more for books. I suppose it could be different if you live on campus(maybe you get a lot more) but luckily I live close to U of M that I didn't have to pay room and board or food or any of that stuff.

Comment

It's not bad. I owe 10 grand and pay 50 a month. You can always request a forbearance if you're having financial troubles for up to a year. Interest still accumulates and you can pay it but its usually added to your principle once thr forbearance period is over.

Comment

all this stuff is kinda new to me. never got to loan shiet so that i dont owe anything. but my financial situation right now is shiet. my tuition is $24k and i dont know yet how much i can loan. i'll be finding it out on tuesday. i just hope that in the end i dont get fawked on paying too much. im getting money anyway mid year and i think i can pay it in full if ever but as much as possible i dont want to so i can make the money go around first.

Comment

Working...
                    X