Kenny abril: "cotto actually intimidated pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amador1975 View Post
    http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6196.html

Cotto actually intimidated Pacquiao because he was looking at him like letting him know that he was going to knock him out and Pacquiao automatically turned his face while Cotto was still looking at him. He just turned away like he couldn't look in his eyes and that said a lot. Pacquiao just seemd to be laughing and joking around and Cotto was just quiet the whole time and focused...It's definitely not going to go the whole 12 rounds. I see a knockout and I see Cotto winning big time," stated jr. welterweight Kenny Abril, sparring partner for Miguel Cotto, as he gave a behind-the-scenes look into Team Cotto's preparations leading up to the highly-anticipated showdown with Manny Pacquiao. Abril was a guest on the OnTheGrind Boxing Radio podcast yesterday and shared his thoughts on a number of subjects, including what it was like sparring with Cotto, why he thinks he saw intimidation in the eyes of Pacquiao and much more.
    Much as I would like to believe that, I don't think that the speculation of one sparring partner holds any weight. Manny has been 'intimidated' before.

Comment

Originally posted by isidius View Post
      Cotto is no Mike Tyson...
      I know, i'm just sayin...If you think a stare down doesn't intimidate an opponent, then you're nuts. Tyson's opponents **** themselves before the bell even rang.

Comment

NO, Pacquiao is not intimidated. He fought Morales, Barrera, he's a certified bad ass.
        With that said he's goin down tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
          I know, i'm just sayin...If you think a stare down doesn't intimidate an opponent, then you're nuts. Tyson's opponents **** themselves before the bell even rang.
          Cotto and Tyson are not the same. Pac is not a bum

Comment

nahhh its the first time manny saw a man plucked his eyebrows so he turned away and laughed.

Comment

Wow, not this again.

Some guy wrote an article just like this after the Hatton stare down and he declared Hatton the winner off of that. Look what happened.

Pacquiao turning away from Cotto during the stare down doesn't mean anything. He isn't psyched out or intimidated. And it definitely isn't a sign of what will happen tomorrow.

Why has he turned away and laughed the past two stare downs? Who knows. I'd guess that he just doesn't take that seriously. He definitely isn't scared though.
              Last edited by sceneboxing; 11-13-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by isidius View Post
                Okay...so now staring at someone can automatically make them win? Maybe Pac just thinks Cotto is not worth staring at...in the ring is a different story of course.
                Reminds me of when Michael Spinks came into ring against Tyson and did not want to look at him in the eyes. Spinks gets knocked out in 91 seconds !!

Comment

OMG so Pacquiao actually looked away during the stare down????? OMFG HE'S GOING TO LOSE THEN, OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Comment

I think Jimmy Kimmell must've intimidated Pac to because Pac couldn't hold the stare in that showdown either. I remember Pac sheepishly looking away from the intimidating Jimmy and giving a big fearful smile to the studio audience.

Comment

GREAT!

SO THIS MEANS COTTO WILL KO PAC?!

delusional cottotards .

Comment

Working...
                      X