No announcement yet.

Beauty Queen stripped of her crown for keeping it real

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty Queen stripped of her crown for keeping it real

A beauty queen was stripped of her title for what she claims is discrimination against her conservative political views.

Kathy Zhu, also a University of Michigan student, was dismissed as a Miss World America pageant participant a day after she was crowned when the organization claimed the content of her social media was "offensive, insensitive and inappropriate."

Zhu is a well-known conservative political commentator and online figure, amassing approximately 80,000 followers in her Instagram and Twitter accounts combined. She is a supporter of President Donald Trump.

"I have seen this happen before," Zhu said. "It is just not OK to be prejudiced against people who just have a different political view as you.”

Representatives for Miss World America did not respond to comment after multiple requests for comment.

The tweets Zhu claims caused Miss World America to dissociate with her have spurred backlash on social media.

Zhu still defends the two now-deleted tweets that have generated the controversy.

The first was an incident that dates to 2018, in which Zhu went up to a Muslim Student Association booth celebrating World Hijab Day and declined to wear a hijab when prompted. She then tweeted:

"There is a 'try a hijab on' booth at my college campus.
    So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing? Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?"

"I said that it was (getting women used to) being oppressed because there are so many women in Middle Eastern countries that are being punished and stoned for refusing to wear a hijab," Zhu said. "Nobody is talking about that in the West because all they see is everyone being at peace, but that is the beauty of America."

Zhu transferred to the University of Michigan after the backlash of this incident.

The second is a reply to another user in which Zhu says:

"Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community before blaming others."

"This applies for every community," Zhu said. "If there is a problem, fix things in your own community before lashing out at others and trying to find an issue there. That is all I wanted to say. It is not a problem against black people. Obviously I am not racist or stuff like that."

Zhu said that Miss World America should be more specific and clearly define what "insensitive" means, as she does not believe anything she posted was insensitive.

People should have a right to free speech.

But the left are punishing people for expressing any view that does not align with them.

It is an attack on free speech.

God help America if these people get into power.

Comment

The black thing is outta line & she shoulda been stripped. To me its borderline racist or hints at some racist bs in ones head to suggest non-white people shouldn't be concerned about police killing non-white people & they should only be worried about black on black crime.

I think you can be concerned with both at the same time & I think your expectations SHOULD be harder on the people who are supposed to protect you killing you vs criminals killing you.

The muslim headgear thing seems like fair play. It sounded like a PR stunt by muslim women & the lady called them on it. Fair play with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        The black thing is outta line & she shoulda been stripped. To me its borderline racist or hints at some racist bs in ones head to suggest non-white people shouldn't be concerned about police killing non-white people & they should only be worried about black on black crime.

I think you can be concerned with both at the same time & I think your expectations SHOULD be harder on the people who are supposed to protect you killing you vs criminals killing you.

The muslim headgear thing seems like fair play. It sounded like a PR stunt by muslim women & the lady called them on it. Fair play with that.
        Edit: I'm a dumb elephant but I'm keeping this archived.

I don't agree that these comments warrant somebody being stripped at all. The issue is that a LOT of Asian people are tired of seeing that same narrative played out every single time.

Literally 95% of Korean/Japanese/Chinese adults that I deal with are racist towards black people because of real life experiences after coming here, not white privilege or TV. She's probably from one of those families.

So when they see that same narrative pounded over and over again that black people are always victims when they treat most Asians like **** it makes them bitter.

I'm not saying it's right and I don't personally see it that way but that's a real life evaluation of the situation. They don't have a full grasp of the history and only the negatives in the current age.
        Last edited by Vegemil; 07-22-2019, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Just dug up some more stuff about her and she's getting worse and worse so get ready for me to edit my first message soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            I don't agree that these comments warrant somebody being stripped at all.
            This lady won something thats supposed to represent something she's not. Thats grounds for stripping her w/o debate. Its like you hired an accountant who lied about his qualifications for the job. He'd be easily let go upon the lie being discovered.

Literally 95% of Korean/Japanese/Chinese adults that I deal with are racist towards black people because of real life experiences after coming here, not white privilege or TV. She's probably from one of those families.
            I don't buy that first off, but even if it is true it doesn't make being racist okay or should make her not lose this title.

Comment

This lady won something thats supposed to represent something she's not. Thats grounds for stripping her w/o debate. Its like you hired an accountant who lied about his qualifications for the job. He'd be easily let go upon the lie being discovered.

I don't buy that first off, but even if it is true it doesn't make being racist okay or should make her not lose this title.
              You right my man. I got in my feelings like a ******. But that statistic is definitely true in the GA/SC region.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                People should have a right to free speech.

But the left are punishing people for expressing any view that does not align with them.

It is an attack on free speech.

God help America if these people get into power.
                Its OK.

Still a couple of years till 2024

Comment

Comment

What was that rap song that came out a few years back that literally told black people to rob Asians.

Comment

Working...
                    X