Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post

certi legend vs future legend, historic fight
    Originally posted by Blueboy3 View Post
    Your poll is too harsh, its does 400k easy, i actually think its the minimum, Lets not forget Thruman was the guy that guy did over 5 million views legitimately without the Olympics help like Spence. For me, minimum 400k, Maximum 750k
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    100% over 400k. Sh^tty voting options. This does more then 50k if Manny dies the week of the fight ffs.

I'd say it'll do around 600k to 800k.
    Wow you guys are very ambitious. I'm not sure about this, Thurman has had good exposure but he's had a significant absence from the sport and Manny hasn't done big numbers for a long time. I personally see it more as a trade fight then something which captures the general public. Of course Manny is a legend and can carry a ppv even still, but I'd be very surprised if it does over 500k.

Also don't underestimate the effect DAZN may have on the ppv market in general, I think.it will change the public's perception on what's acceptable to pay for a fight, that may start happening

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Wow you guys are very ambitious. I'm not sure about this, Thurman has had good exposure but he's had a significant absence from the sport and Manny hasn't done big numbers for a long time. I personally see it more as a trade fight then something which captures the general public. Of course Manny is a legend and can carry a ppv even still, but I'd be very surprised if it does over 500k.

Also don't underestimate the effect DAZN may have on the ppv market in general, I think.it will change the public's perception on what's acceptable to pay for a fight, that may start happening
      Pacquiao vs Broner did 400k & Broner isn't relevant at 147 or you could argue in elite level boxing. Thurman, despite his inactivity, is a relevant guy + has some drawing power.

I also think Pacquiao looking good & doing good vs a young guy like Broner is gonna boost up Team Pacquaio like they haven't been in awhile. I mean look at this place lately. Seeing more Floyd talk which is as often as is about Floyd is about Manny. And seeing more straight Manny talk. I think thats saying something about whats in the air with Manny's hype right now.

I also think this is seen as a competitive fight between Pacquiao being a legend & looking nice last time out + Thurman looking very defeatable last time out vs a guy well under Pacquiao.

All that being in play I don't think a 600k PPV bottom is THAT ambitious. Its a 50% bump on Pacquiao vs Broner which many hardcores saw as a bs fight Broner had lil to no chance in, myself included. This one is a real fight.

And the 800k might be argued to be high or ambitious, but if you look at his actually fights & not trends in his PPV numbers (as I always contend people should be paying attention to cuz good sh^t sells & bad sh^t doesn't for big PPV guys) the fights that should be big do good numbers & the fights that are garbage do garbage numbers more often then not. Granted there are freak shows (Floyd vs McGregor, Tyson vs McNeeley) that do epic numbers & there are some good competitive matchups that do sh^t numbers (RJJ vs BHop II), but the exception doesn't make the standard. And this is a good fight.

Comment

High 500's

Comment

watching it at twin peaks.

Comment

600-700k I think it'll do

Comment

I think this will do very well
              Lots of people gonna be watching to see if Pac will go into retirement
              Young vs old etc etc
              They’ll be a lot of curious casuals if they get it out there

Comment

350-450k....

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  watching it at twin peaks.
                  Where is that?

Comment

600K at most...

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post