Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-16-2019, 05:34 AM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,118.19
Total Points: 46,233.66
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
I wonder why this doesn't appear to be in other fighters' game as much. Do you think they are not taught or they just don't grasp it?

Solid posting by the way, bro.

Not as easy as it sounds
Remember theirs someone in front of you who is their to fugh you up , literally every which way ( mentally and physically )
Manny , imo , didnít have a fughin clue how to cut off the ring but he managed to by hitting from all different angles ( especially early in his career ) that would eventually position himself better than his opponent
But he was fast going in and out , which many boxers cannot do without being hit two three times
MulaKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-16-2019, 05:36 AM #42
I AM VERY FEEL

Quoted: 6477 Post(s)
Tony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,263.98
Total Points: 61,300.39
Cheers, my dude. - Bobby Deez Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Meatball subs are pretty gud, italian herbs and cheese - Shontae De'marc Gracias my dude - Bobby Deez yo check out this sweet swag i stole, u can hav sum 2 brotha - Shontae De'marc 
No troubles at all, dude.  Great convo and lots of respect! - travestyny I like your style - 1bad65 Haha You damn right - Bobby Deez loma is number 1 - Dean_Razorback Great match up!  If mcgirt would have been right that fight could have exploded - Rockin' 
my first gift...hope i did it right, you slicc mofo - Elroy The Great Respeks, my G - Bobby Deez Sick loot ya'll - Shontae De'marc John West Tangy Jalapenos Tuna, the best - Shontae De'marc An apple a day keeps tha haterz at bay - Shontae De'marc 
Cheers, bro. - travestyny Feel the feels: Great poster - Thraxox Thanks for always welcoming back bruva - Teetotaler Top Man! - BoxingFan85 Thx bro... - jaded 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - anthonydavid11 Childhood Cancer - Thraxox 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny31 View Post
What you're describing is not just head movement, there is a lot more going on.than that simultaneously as reddfoxx has eluded to here, it's his positioning and movement that you are really admiring. Most times, you can seperate a very good fighter from a truly elite fighter just from their positioning and control of distance
Yeah a poster up above posted the video of Canelo's best shots and yes, it is a lot to do with positioning for sure. Yeah, that's why I started this thread, to learn more about technique. Redd responded first and I was not surprised at all. That dude knows boxing for real. I want to do more threads like this. I love to see the technical side and boxing side. F the business and talking crap. Who cares? I always thought Erik Morales had great postioning of do you think maybe it was great balance instead? I'm telling you, I feel like a hundred times smarter because of this thread. Really re-invogorated over the forum now!
Tony Trick-Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:37 AM #43
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Frankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 168,670.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulaKO View Post
The difference between the two
It came natural to Floyd , Alvarez has to work for it
But imo , this is something he saw in his loss and was taught to him , brought to his attention
As Canelo keeps fighting it will become easier on the eyes
Quote:
I wonder why this doesn't appear to be in other fighters' game as much. Do you think they are not taught or they just don't grasp it?

Solid posting by the way, bro.
If you've seen Canelo even at 147, he's always been a disciplined and composed fighter in the ring. Canelo has proven and per his own verbatim about liking BRAWL fights that he can fight either style. Canelo's pedigree comes from his fighting with his older brother's in the ring and FINE TUNING those fundamentals with the Reynoso family and being taught some moves from Chololo Larrios who's also a former champ and is in Canelo's corner.

As Canelo stated about the 152 catch for Floyd, he said that he would never allow a situation like this again. I don't believe Canelo was even contextualizing the weight but that Oscar - GBP, whom those remarks were stated to - that he would not allow a promoter to justify a situation like that again. Canelo in 2013 was already having trouble making weight at 154 dating to the Cintron and Mosely fights..at 152 Canelo wouldn't even be able to maintain stamina for an onslaught that he did against Kirkland or the way Maidana performed against Floyd.

Water rejuvenation makes a big difference on fight night. There's a reason why GGG in various weigh in weeks dating back to Brook and even Rosado, where he could a ''cold.'' That may be the case, but when you're looking green and sweaty, eyes seeped in at pressers, all that's because Abel and his team trying their best to maintain Gennadiy to assure 160 weight. All that causes stress on the immune system.

Anyhow, the whole 152 escapade was some drama between Canelo and Oscar as he was coerced to take the fight at any means necessary with Bhop and Oscars having orgies and hoping Floyd would have lost to Mosley or Ortiz. They wanted Floyd to lose badly. Canelo being 23 and naÔve to superstadom status learned the hard way where promoters have the power and final say, with Canelo having no control for TMT's ultimate A side stipulations. That's what Canelo mean by with years of telling people ''never will I allow myself to be manipulated in those types of situations..'' That's what Canelo always says when reporters ask him about the Floyd loss.

There was really no other way Canelo could fight Floyd other than box with depleted energy at 152.

Logic would tell you that if Canelo was ''SUCH EASY WORK'' for Floyd, then Floyd would've easily fought Canelo again at 155 so that TMT could claim 6-division weight status. Floyd steered away from that and still continued to fight past 2015.
Frankie2Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:38 AM #44
Undisputed Champion

MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will say I think a fighter with a flashy or exciting style often gets the benefit of the doubt and tbh, I think they deserve it. Let's face it. Some guys like Canelo or Loma imo, can fight a guy who's just not that good and still put on a good show. Some fighters just don't do that. They don't bring those exceptional gifts into the ring and well, just are not as entertaining. I could watch Loma fight anybody and still enjoy it. I think I could with Canelo as well. But say, like a Danny Jacobs, I can't say that. Jacobs is good and solid and I massively respect him for what he's been through but watching one of his fights against a lesser fighter just isn't as much fun for me. I think this factors into decisions sometimes. Like well the more conventional guy might have edged it but damn. He would never sell tickets like the interesting colorful fighter. Got to go with the other guy. I don't think boxing is rigged but most people want a winner and a loser. Draws are never popular and when it comes to picking between the special fighter and the conventional fighter, the judges will pick the special one most times.

Styles make fights
Loma , Canelo can carry an opponent but a guy like Jacobs canít do that and thus lowering himself to his opponentís level
Which most of the time makes it unbearable
Old 05-16-2019, 05:47 AM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Frankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 168,670.44

For me it’s Canelo’s reach in a jab. Only opponents whom could tame Canelo’s jab was Golovkin. Golovkin has the ultimate head movement defense at close range with all opponents, different than Canelo, but both just as good. Floyd was further away from the pocket than GGG was against Canelo, but Canelo at times would land some deceiving jabs to Floyd too.

1. Canelo’s jab - A class
2. Canelo’s lateral movement from real danger like GGG
3. Power in left hook, it’s own of the best forms in the game to date.
4. Combinations
5. Feints

These are all to being a complete fighter
Frankie2Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:51 AM #46
I AM VERY FEEL

Tony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers, my dude. - Bobby Deez Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Meatball subs are pretty gud, italian herbs and cheese - Shontae De'marc Gracias my dude - Bobby Deez yo check out this sweet swag i stole, u can hav sum 2 brotha - Shontae De'marc 
No troubles at all, dude.  Great convo and lots of respect! - travestyny I like your style - 1bad65 Haha You damn right - Bobby Deez loma is number 1 - Dean_Razorback Great match up!  If mcgirt would have been right that fight could have exploded - Rockin' 
my first gift...hope i did it right, you slicc mofo - Elroy The Great Respeks, my G - Bobby Deez Sick loot ya'll - Shontae De'marc John West Tangy Jalapenos Tuna, the best - Shontae De'marc An apple a day keeps tha haterz at bay - Shontae De'marc 
Cheers, bro. - travestyny Feel the feels: Great poster - Thraxox Thanks for always welcoming back bruva - Teetotaler Top Man! - BoxingFan85 Thx bro... - jaded 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - anthonydavid11 Childhood Cancer - Thraxox 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulaKO View Post
Not as easy as it sounds
Remember theirs someone in front of you who is their to fugh you up , literally every which way ( mentally and physically )
Manny , imo , didnít have a fughin clue how to cut off the ring but he managed to by hitting from all different angles ( especially early in his career ) that would eventually position himself better than his opponent
But he was fast going in and out , which many boxers cannot do without being hit two three times
Manny, man. Manny was like a ball of energy in there. I knew he had flaws like with balance imo in the beginning but he overcame them with angles like you say. It's amazing what changing angles will do. I can picture using them in a street fight(if the guy's first punch doesn't connect and f you up haha) and just watching the bewilderment on an opponent's face. So effective.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:55 AM #47
I AM VERY FEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
If you've seen Canelo even at 147, he's always been a disciplined and composed fighter in the ring. Canelo has proven and per his own verbatim about liking BRAWL fights that he can fight either style. Canelo's pedigree comes from his fighting with his older brother's in the ring and FINE TUNING those fundamentals with the Reynoso family and being taught some moves from Chololo Larrios who's also a former champ and is in Canelo's corner.

As Canelo stated about the 152 catch for Floyd, he said that he would never allow a situation like this again. I don't believe Canelo was even contextualizing the weight but that Oscar - GBP, whom those remarks were stated to - that he would not allow a promoter to justify a situation like that again. Canelo in 2013 was already having trouble making weight at 154 dating to the Cintron and Mosely fights..at 152 Canelo wouldn't even be able to maintain stamina for an onslaught that he did against Kirkland or the way Maidana performed against Floyd.

Water rejuvenation makes a big difference on fight night. There's a reason why GGG in various weigh in weeks dating back to Brook and even Rosado, where he could a ''cold.'' That may be the case, but when you're looking green and sweaty, eyes seeped in at pressers, all that's because Abel and his team trying their best to maintain Gennadiy to assure 160 weight. All that causes stress on the immune system.

Anyhow, the whole 152 escapade was some drama between Canelo and Oscar as he was coerced to take the fight at any means necessary with Bhop and Oscars having orgies and hoping Floyd would have lost to Mosley or Ortiz. They wanted Floyd to lose badly. Canelo being 23 and naÔve to superstadom status learned the hard way where promoters have the power and final say, with Canelo having no control for TMT's ultimate A side stipulations. That's what Canelo mean by with years of telling people ''never will I allow myself to be manipulated in those types of situations..'' That's what Canelo always says when reporters ask him about the Floyd loss.

There was really no other way Canelo could fight Floyd other than box with depleted energy at 152.

Logic would tell you that if Canelo was ''SUCH EASY WORK'' for Floyd, then Floyd would've easily fought Canelo again at 155 so that TMT could claim 6-division weight status. Floyd steered away from that and still continued to fight past 2015.
Very good points here, man. Yeah, it's crazy what fighters have to do to put these fights together. And I'm sure it puts a strain on the immune system.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:56 AM #48
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Manny, man. Manny was like a ball of energy in there. I knew he had flaws like with balance imo in the beginning but he overcame them with angles like you say. It's amazing what changing angles will do. I can picture using them in a street fight(if the guy's first punch doesn't connect and f you up haha) and just watching the bewilderment on an opponent's face. So effective.
Manny is fughin sick
Coming at you from all fughin angles , was like you were getting sabotage
And get out of harms way as fast
And that’s what got him knock the fugh out with Marquez
He didn’t realize he wasn’t as fast as before
That’s why Manny now gets hit as much cause he can’t go in and out like he used to
It’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks
Force of habit also
Old 05-16-2019, 06:20 AM #49
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5596 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,187,868.03
Total Points: 2,196,799.85
Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- 
Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod 
Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded 
Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey SlŠinte .. Good health :) - kafkod Cheers. No thanks but cheers. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Thx - jaded 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

Quote:
Sure thing! Having a Rolling rock right now. Son of a bytch. I sure wish boxing fans were everywhere. For once, I'd love to drink a six pack and talk boxing in person with a real boxing fan like yourself. It sucks. Hell, in the 1920s, we were everywhere. I wish we could get back to that, even a little. In America that is. In the UK, it prob still kicks ass.
... I'm from the Eastern Europe (I always lived in Romania)... Back in March, 1965, my father made me watch Ali vs Liston 2... and soon later he took me to boxing cards (amateurs, of course)...
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:27 AM #50
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 12810 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 1,035,426.22
Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev 
Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 
No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Because you're cool - jaded &quot;no more than 3 replies&quot; dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny31 View Post
What you're describing is not just head movement, there is a lot more going on.than that simultaneously as reddfoxx has eluded to here, it's his positioning and movement that you are really admiring. Most times, you can seperate a very good fighter from a truly elite fighter just from their positioning and control of distance
Boxing is crazy in that you can be a wizard on the mitts, you can rock the heavy bag so hard you're busting the chains frequently, but once you have a moving opponent in front of you, everything changes.

Mike Tyson owned a lot of those big guys because he controlled every inch and got himself in perfect position, allowing himself to execute murderous punches. Wilder has even greater power but he has horrid positioning and worse timing, so he just can't apply that power consistently. He has to reach for his punches and that's why he's always off balance. Canelo is always in position so he makes it look effortless.

Special exception to Roy and Pac who are freaks who could still land hard shots when they were out of position. I laugh when people ask how to do those types of wild hooks. That's not something you train for.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
biggest, canelo's, fighter?, head, movement, strength

User Tag List