Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-16-2019, 04:18 AM #41
I AM VERY FEEL

Quoted: 6492 Post(s)
Tony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,270.30
Total Points: 62,917.53
Cheers, my dude. - Bobby Deez Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Meatball subs are pretty gud, italian herbs and cheese - Shontae De'marc Gracias my dude - Bobby Deez yo check out this sweet swag i stole, u can hav sum 2 brotha - Shontae De'marc 
No troubles at all, dude.  Great convo and lots of respect! - travestyny I like your style - 1bad65 Haha You damn right - Bobby Deez loma is number 1 - Dean_Razorback Great match up!  If mcgirt would have been right that fight could have exploded - Rockin' 
my first gift...hope i did it right, you slicc mofo - Elroy The Great Respeks, my G - Bobby Deez Sick loot ya'll - Shontae De'marc John West Tangy Jalapenos Tuna, the best - Shontae De'marc An apple a day keeps tha haterz at bay - Shontae De'marc 
Cheers, bro. - travestyny Feel the feels: Great poster - Thraxox Thanks for always welcoming back bruva - Teetotaler Top Man! - BoxingFan85 Thx bro... - jaded 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - anthonydavid11 Childhood Cancer - Thraxox 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
It is because talking about the business of boxing is an easy subject to talk about

Most fans dont know about technical aspects of boxing
This is true. And I'm pretty ignorant on the subject myself. I'd like to learn from folks who do, though. Really, it's all about the actual fights. If they aren't good, then who cares about the business side?

Trying to do more threads about the technical side. A knockout shot looks great but how was it set up and so forth? Might be nice to just pick a KO and ask how did the winner set this up and what led up to it, etc?
Tony Trick-Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 AM #42
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3092 Post(s)
BLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,772.02
Total Points: 66,934.38
Thanks, bruh! Here's you a brew! - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony The real king of the Dome - Bobby Deez 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles Gay and Lesbian Pride - BLASTER1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
This is true. And I'm pretty ignorant on the subject myself. I'd like to learn from folks who do, though. Really, it's all about the actual fights. If they aren't good, then who cares about the business side?

Trying to do more threads about the technical side. A knockout shot looks great but how was it set up and so forth? Might be nice to just pick a KO and ask how did the winner set this up and what led up to it, etc?
I feel the same.
I admit I'm a late newbie to boxing and would much rather learn about the sweet science of boxing from alot of knowledgeable posters instead of this business crap.
It's why I don't post as much cause it's not about boxing per sa.
BLASTER1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:25 AM #43
I AM VERY FEEL

Tony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers, my dude. - Bobby Deez Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Meatball subs are pretty gud, italian herbs and cheese - Shontae De'marc Gracias my dude - Bobby Deez yo check out this sweet swag i stole, u can hav sum 2 brotha - Shontae De'marc 
No troubles at all, dude.  Great convo and lots of respect! - travestyny I like your style - 1bad65 Haha You damn right - Bobby Deez loma is number 1 - Dean_Razorback Great match up!  If mcgirt would have been right that fight could have exploded - Rockin' 
my first gift...hope i did it right, you slicc mofo - Elroy The Great Respeks, my G - Bobby Deez Sick loot ya'll - Shontae De'marc John West Tangy Jalapenos Tuna, the best - Shontae De'marc An apple a day keeps tha haterz at bay - Shontae De'marc 
Cheers, bro. - travestyny Feel the feels: Great poster - Thraxox Thanks for always welcoming back bruva - Teetotaler Top Man! - BoxingFan85 Thx bro... - jaded 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - anthonydavid11 Childhood Cancer - Thraxox 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTER1 View Post
I feel the same.
I admit I'm a late newbie to boxing and would much rather learn about the sweet science of boxing from alot of knowledgeable posters instead of this business crap.
It's why I don't post as much cause it's not about boxing per sa.
Exactly, man. I've been impressed with several fighters over the years but I don't always understand what's happening in the ring. Maybe I can't understand all of it, but I'd like to be more knowledgable than I am. Would make it much more interesting. I try to think about what each man is doing and thinking in there from one second to the next. Every fight truly is different. And I see like, zero posts on here about technique or the technical side. I have seen some vids on YT that walk you through a fight. Pretty cool stuff. As a boxing fan, I like to watch any fight, honestly. That's what it's all about. Hell, I can discuss business and politics anywhere. Ha.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:34 AM #44
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3092 Post(s)
BLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,772.02
Total Points: 66,934.38
Thanks, bruh! Here's you a brew! - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony The real king of the Dome - Bobby Deez 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles Gay and Lesbian Pride - BLASTER1 

Quote:
Exactly, man. I've been impressed with several fighters over the years but I don't always understand what's happening in the ring. Maybe I can't understand all of it, but I'd like to be more knowledgable than I am. Would make it much more interesting. I try to think about what each man is doing and thinking in there from one second to the next. Every fight truly is different. And I see like, zero posts on here about technique or the technical side. I have seen some vids on YT that walk you through a fight. Pretty cool stuff. As a boxing fan, I like to watch any fight, honestly. That's what it's all about. Hell, I can discuss business and politics anywhere. Ha.
Yer I love them you tube vids explaining what's going on in the ring.
Oh well let's hope it just a flash in the pan with the business talk.
Fingers crossed.
BLASTER1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:24 AM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 102,442.56
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTER1 View Post
Yer I love them you tube vids explaining what's going on in the ring.
Oh well let's hope it just a flash in the pan with the business talk.
Fingers crossed.
You guys would learn so much by getting down to your local boxing gym and eventually sparring once you get down the basics...it opens your eyes like nothing else can. I don't box any more but I did in my early 20s and once you do you start seeing so much more of what's going on and many more subtle things. If you have time in your life, this is what id recommend, its the hardest thing youll do, but its rewarding when you start to get it, and it's great for fitness too
sunny31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:30 AM #46
I AM VERY FEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny31 View Post
You guys would learn so much by getting down to your local boxing gym and eventually sparring once you get down the basics...it opens your eyes like nothing else can. I don't box any more but I did in my early 20s and once you do you start seeing so much more of what's going on and many more subtle things. If you have time in your life, this is what id recommend, its the hardest thing youll do, but its rewarding when you start to get it, and it's great for fitness too
Thanks man. I'm not sure we have a gym here anymore. Sadly. But I have sparred with friends and stuff a long time ago and I did beat all of them. Not bragging at all. They knew nothing about the sport. But yeah. I'm sure the best experience is first hand. My bro and I talk boxing and spar now and then. It's a lot of fun but I don't get to do it enough. I'm sure you're right though. Experience is the best teacher. I'll try to spar him the next time I see him and I'll look into the boxing gym. May get my ass kicked. Haha. But I'm sure I would learn from it. Thanks for the post!
Old 05-16-2019, 05:36 AM #47
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2039 Post(s)
pasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 46,598.56
Bolied rottweiler meat sub sandwich 4 mah pinoy brutha - -Deal With It- i like your name! keep owning these floyd stans - cawadoody Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Makavelli Jr. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worick View Post
Thank your hero Mayweather for all that your complaining for in your opening post
That's the first thing that comes to my mind. lmao.
pasawayako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:37 AM #48
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 102,442.56
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Thanks man. I'm not sure we have a gym here anymore. Sadly. But I have sparred with friends and stuff a long time ago and I did beat all of them. Not bragging at all. They knew nothing about the sport. But yeah. I'm sure the best experience is first hand. My bro and I talk boxing and spar now and then. It's a lot of fun but I don't get to do it enough. I'm sure you're right though. Experience is the best teacher. I'll try to spar him the next time I see him and I'll look into the boxing gym. May get my ass kicked. Haha. But I'm sure I would learn from it. Thanks for the post!
Yeah I mean get coached by someone who knows what their doing and then spar people who know what there doing, and if after a while you get a knack for it have some local fights

Sparring in your garage with your brother/friends might be fun, but for most people it can be like picking up a golf club without proper coaching, ill-advised
sunny31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:43 AM #49

Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 81,747.45
FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk 
Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita &amp;lt;3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy super clegg - Old Coward 
No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt 
super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin Good Man - JimRaynor 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Quote:
Yeah agree it'd be good to see a lot more talk like that. I hold back from it mostly as I know my limitations. Part of the problem is that some of the best fighters break the rules so it's debatable how much to read into certain technical approaches or flaws. I remember when I first saw it pointed out that southpaw vs orthodox fights usually see each guy wanting their lead foot on the outside. Then after that I notice in fights the guy with their foot on the outside does tend to be winning. But then I watched some Sweet Pea fights and see this dude stepping inside instead of outside and it's like...wow, back to square one of understanding, I guess you can step however you want if you've got the timing/skill/talent etc.

Training at a boxing gym and learning the basics is for sure a good thing. But I think the lack of technical discussion on here is because it's so much harder to really be able to analyse high level boxing. Some of the ATGs were so skilled and tricky that even someone on here with a respectable amateur background is not going to have the understanding to be able to do it.

The only writer on here who really does is Breadman and that's why it's no surprise to see his success with J Rock because so few people seem to really be able to understand boxing and communicate it.
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, fans?, happened

User Tag List