Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG list? Lennox Lewis or Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    You need to rewatch the fight , Lewis didn't lose the fight . The crowd was pro Mercer and shouted every time Lewis had blocked a shot. It really wasn't that close ,Lewis win around 8 rounds.
    It really was close. Clearly it was close.

Press row scores reflected that aswell.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Top ten and Vitali made them look bad.

Well that is your opinion, as we have seen your opinion is not backed up by the facts.
      There's not a single reputable historian that would consider Vitali an ATG.

He's not even an ATG HW. Let alone an ATG in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        "In your book" yes because you're fucking ******ed

Firstly, I never said he got a gift I said he got a lucky decision. I.e He was lucky to get the decision in what was a very close fight.

Secondly, gift doesn't mean a robbery in any sense.

Thirdly, I literally said this in my next post;

"The first Castillo fight was razor thin and could have gone either way. Exactly the same scenario as Lewis-Mercer."

Learn reading comprehension you dunce.
        mongrel you said it was a lucky decision and yet lewis deserved the victory.....how can it be lucky mongrel ? Where the proof lewis made fighters change gloves on the day of the fight ? There is not thats why mongrel....you made it up again didnt you

Comment

Lennox Lewis defended Mayweather in that situation and said he chose what gloves his opponents would wear numerous times.

Also got a lucky decision over Ray Mercer.
          Who did Lewis force to wear his chosen gloves? The only fight were gloves were chosen was the Holyfield rematch where Holyfield forced him to wear pillow gloves over his usual Cleto Reyes.

Although close and competitive, Lewis beat Mercer 6/4 in that 10 rounder. No lucky decision at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            mongrel you said it was a lucky decision and yet lewis deserved the victory.....how can it be lucky mongrel ? Where the proof lewis made fighters change gloves on the day of the fight ? There is not thats why mongrel....you made it up again didnt you
            I just explained what I meant did you miss it? As the fight was so close Lewis was lucky to get the decision. Which was literally clarified in my next post. Can you read?

I never said Lewis made fighters change gloves on the day of the fight. That's the goalpost you moved when you said 'Lewis didn't make fighters wear different gloves" When in actual fact he said it himself that he did.

If Lewis was in that situation where his opponent attempted to use illegal gloves that were rejected by the comission then he probably would do the same. I can't blame any fighter for doing that in that scenario all trust is gone by that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Who did Lewis force to wear his chosen gloves? The only fight were gloves were chosen was the Holyfield rematch where Holyfield forced him to wear pillow gloves over his usual Cleto Reyes.

Although close and competitive, Lewis beat Mercer 6/4 in that 10 rounder. No lucky decision at all.
              He didn't specify. He just said he would sometimes chose his opponents gloves and which they would have to wear.

Wouldn't argue with 6/4 Lewis. One round the other way it's a draw and there's no way there weren't other swing rounds in there. Fight was clearly razor close and yes Lewis was lucky to get the decision considering many felt Mercer won.

Comment

He didn't specify. He just said he would sometimes chose his opponents gloves and which they would have to wear.

Wouldn't argue with 6/4 Lewis. One round the other way it's a draw and there's no way there weren't other swing rounds in there. Fight was clearly razor close and yes Lewis was lucky to get the decision considering many felt Mercer won.

Do you think the first lewis-holyfield was a draw?

Comment

Well he didn't make them choose big freeze block gloves that's for sure. If Lewis had the choice to choose considering he was the champ, he gave them gloves where you can actually form a proper fist with. He never did it intentionally to weaken their position like Holyfield did with him.

Only Americans thought Mercer won. He didn't, so they were wrong. Close fight though no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                    Do you think the first lewis-holyfield was a draw?
                    Certainly not.

Clear Lewis win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                      Well he didn't make them choose big freeze block gloves that's for sure. If Lewis had the choice to choose considering he was the champ, he gave them gloves where you can actually form a proper fist with. He never did it intentionally to weaken their position like Holyfield did with him.

Only Americans thought Mercer won. He didn't, so they were wrong. Close fight though no doubt.
                      Loads of people thought Mercer won. Press row reflected that.

Lewis got the decision. I can't argue with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X