Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: Lara Beat Canelo; Evident He's Had Southpaw Troubles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo looked TERRIBLE this fight but Lara didn't take advantage of making Canelo missing all those shots. He had so much unnecessary movement. Look at how Mayweather fought him and how little he moved compared to Lara. Canelo landed less than 30 head shots that fight...Think about what I just said, he landed LESS than 30 head shots that fight and still won. And Lara has only himself to blame. Could have been a clear win for him but he let it be close by moving so much and fighting negative and ended up losing a decision. Welp.......

Comment

Originally posted by citynation2k View Post
      Canelo lost to Mayweather, Lara & GGG(Twice). Jacobs needs a shut out or Knockout in order to win. Mayweather boxed Canelos ear's off and one judge still deemed it a draw! Canelo is overrated!
      Wrong. Nelo lost to ONLY T.B.E. Come on now get it right. Punk G is the one who is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        I had Lara closely winning, but he could have dominated that fight had he engaged more. His left was landing at will but he'd move and not follow it up with anything. A frustrating performance.
        He wouldn't engage more cuz the body shots Lara was taking he didn't like. Its what won Nelo the fight. Lara didn't do enough after the 1st 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          I agree. After the first fight GGG and his trainer after refusing to attack the body and take chances the first fight cried and made excuses well if Canelo fought mexican style we would of got the KO and promises for what they would do in the rematch. Canelo literally said oh so you want to talk shyt and flipped every excuse GGG had on it's head. Canelo walking GGG down BEGGIN him to fight Mexican Style like they requested instead GGG bytched up and ran from Mexican Style. Literally got the Mexican Style beaten out of him along with his face rearranged. It was GGG who fought like he just wanted to get to the judges scores he didn't want to do or die with Canelo. Only 1 of those men fought like they wanted to take it out of the judges hands either get the KO or go out on his shield and that was Canelo. GGG went from Mexican Style to Nothing But Scared Jab Style. And on to excuse number 15 Style for why he can't beat Canelo

I hate how Jacobs sounds. Ever comment is about how he got robbed by GGG, crying about judges in this fight. This man is going to flat out run from Canelo take no chances of his questionable chin getting him knocked out and then scream I was robbed after the fight. I have never heard 1 man have this many excuses and cry BEFORE he ever fought the guy. If Jacobs runs canelo will come forward with constant body attack. If Jacobs comes at Canelo and makes it a real fight he leaves himself wide open for counters and get's dropped and knocked out. He is laying the groundwork he wants to run from Canelo (even though he's drastically the bigger man lol) make it to the distance and scream robbery after the fight.
          That's exactly right! I feel he's gonna fight just like Lara and then cry robbery if he loses....
          But before the fight was signed he was telling the world he would stop Canelo.
          I see him pulling a Triple g and do the complete opposite....

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            It's funny how Canelo fans won't criticize the continuous bad scoring in his fights but will instead say that Jacob's should fight face first. Pretty sure many of these same fans are the same ones who spent years crying over bad scoring in the Oscar vs tito fight or in 3 Marquez vs pac fights.
            Dude, stop hating on Nelo, Nelo is a beast.

Comment

Hahahahaha look at the haters

Canelo only Lost against Floyd

Fans of GGG still crying?

Canelo is not the same.fighter that the guy that fought against Lara

He knows how to cut the weight. He is Stronger, and he is the best body puncher in the game

Canelo will K.O Jacobs brutally

Originally posted by Kazeki View Post
              I don’t get how people go around saying lara beat canelo but at the same time say canelo lost the first golovkin fight
              Because there are a lot of haters on here

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                I agree. After the first fight GGG and his trainer after refusing to attack the body and take chances the first fight cried and made excuses well if Canelo fought mexican style we would of got the KO and promises for what they would do in the rematch. Canelo literally said oh so you want to talk shyt and flipped every excuse GGG had on it's head. Canelo walking GGG down BEGGIN him to fight Mexican Style like they requested instead GGG bytched up and ran from Mexican Style. Literally got the Mexican Style beaten out of him along with his face rearranged. It was GGG who fought like he just wanted to get to the judges scores he didn't want to do or die with Canelo. Only 1 of those men fought like they wanted to take it out of the judges hands either get the KO or go out on his shield and that was Canelo. GGG went from Mexican Style to Nothing But Scared Jab Style. And on to excuse number 15 Style for why he can't beat Canelo

I hate how Jacobs sounds. Ever comment is about how he got robbed by GGG, crying about judges in this fight. This man is going to flat out run from Canelo take no chances of his questionable chin getting him knocked out and then scream I was robbed after the fight. I have never heard 1 man have this many excuses and cry BEFORE he ever fought the guy. If Jacobs runs canelo will come forward with constant body attack. If Jacobs comes at Canelo and makes it a real fight he leaves himself wide open for counters and get's dropped and knocked out. He is laying the groundwork he wants to run from Canelo (even though he's drastically the bigger man lol) make it to the distance and scream robbery after the fight.
                The best comment of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  He wouldn't engage more cuz the body shots Lara was taking he didn't like. Its what won Nelo the fight. Lara didn't do enough after the 1st 3 rounds.
                  Lara didn't go into the fight planning to fight the way he did. He was on the move and didn't want to engage BECAUSE he was worried if he did he would be KO'D. It's that simple. He felt those shots early in the fight and it went from boxing to running real quick. If he fought a little more in the pocket he COULD of won the fight or he COULD of got knocked out. He didn't want to risk that so yeah his movement kept Canelo from landing a lot of punches but it also prevented himself from landing. They finished the fight virtually landing the same amount of punches. The difference was Canelo was coming forward and doubled Lara up in power shots especially to the body. When both fighters have a extremely low output but one guy is causing it by sprinting away landing a single pot shot jab here and there it's a bad optic and you not going to win many fights like that. If you fight like that you better double and triple your opponent up in punches landed not finish in a dead heat while the other guy is landing the harder shots. This is professional fighting not amateurs and the quality of punches landed matter. Body shots, power shots matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    It's funny how Canelo fans won't criticize the continuous bad scoring in his fights but will instead say that Jacob's should fight face first. Pretty sure many of these same fans are the same ones who spent years crying over bad scoring in the Oscar vs tito fight or in 3 Marquez vs pac fights.
                    Stop generalizing, it’s only gonna feed into your bias.

1. Canelo isn’t to blame for the judges’ scoring.
                    2. Canelo fans aren’t mostly Mexicans who only support other Mexican boxers
                    3. Why are you a Canelo hater? Genuine question.

Who cares what other fans want or what they think. Do you have valuable input for this article or just want to stir shhhh up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ceezus View Post
                      Stop generalizing, it’s only gonna feed into your bias.

1. Canelo isn’t to blame for the judges’ scoring.
                      2. Canelo fans aren’t mostly Mexicans who only support other Mexican boxers
                      3. Why are you a Canelo hater? Genuine question.

Who cares what other fans want or what they think. Do you have valuable input for this article or just want to stir shhhh up?
                      1. Whether he's to blame or not doesn't make it any less of a reality that bad scoring happens in his fights.... Continously.
                      2. Clearly you haven't interacted with many Canelo fans because that is exactly who a large portion of them are.
                      3. I'm not a fan of fighters who get continously get favorable treatment be it from judges and or the title organizations. Nor am I a fan of fighters who test positive for PEDs. Or a fighter who dropped his only title and threw a fit towards the organization to avoid a mandatory for almost 2 yrs. Meanwhile, that was the first mandatory ever imposed on him.
                      My input for this article was Jacobs was accurate to state he felt Canelo got favorable scoring vs lara, he is right to feel scoring is an issue, and it's ridiculous that fans are saying, well Jacobs needs to just brawl and fight in a style that is not his typical style because we're OK with bad scoring as long as it benefits the fighter that we love.

Comment

Working...
                      X