Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've cut 22 pounds in 5 weeks, advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've cut 22 pounds in 5 weeks, advice?

Many people have told me that I should get straight into boxing instead of wasting my time losing weight first, but I'm wanting to lose weight so that I can be at my natural weight, I only got fat due to a bad injury and being inactive for so so long.

Also, the way I lose weight is building up my stamina which will help me in boxing so for me it's a win win situation. As I've lost weight easier then expected I'm setting new goals, now I want to reach 196 pounds by May 8th. The 8th isn't just a random number I've picked because I like it, although it is actually my favorite number it's also a special day for me.

I'm currently 208 pounds, before working out etc and before I started eating a healthy diet I was 230 pounds. I'm aware that losing weight will become harder the slimmer I get but is cutting down to 196 by May 8th possible?

My workouts consist of running 4-5 days a week, usually 5 miles, some days I'll run twice a day so a total of 8 miles as I go for a 3 mile run in the evening if I don't feel warn out. I'm a regular lane swimmer, I swim there at least 4 days a week where I aim to do 100+ lengths. I also do a lot of shadow boxing most days until I am worn out, and I try to do 250+ sit ups and 100+ push ups every two days.

What other things can I do to lose weight? I feel my workouts are on point, my diet is on point, what's next for me do you guys think? And is losing 22 pounds in 5 weeks healthy?

Get PlayStation VR. Then you can shadow box in a real time scenario. Or pretend you are an astronaut. Either way...fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by RossyJames View Post
      Many people have told me that I should get straight into boxing instead of wasting my time losing weight first, but I'm wanting to lose weight so that I can be at my natural weight, I only got fat due to a bad injury and being inactive for so so long.

Also, the way I lose weight is building up my stamina which will help me in boxing so for me it's a win win situation. As I've lost weight easier then expected I'm setting new goals, now I want to reach 196 pounds by May 8th. The 8th isn't just a random number I've picked because I like it, although it is actually my favorite number it's also a special day for me.

I'm currently 208 pounds, before working out etc and before I started eating a healthy diet I was 230 pounds. I'm aware that losing weight will become harder the slimmer I get but is cutting down to 196 by May 8th possible?

My workouts consist of running 4-5 days a week, usually 5 miles, some days I'll run twice a day so a total of 8 miles as I go for a 3 mile run in the evening if I don't feel warn out. I'm a regular lane swimmer, I swim there at least 4 days a week where I aim to do 100+ lengths. I also do a lot of shadow boxing most days until I am worn out, and I try to do 250+ sit ups and 100+ push ups every two days.

What other things can I do to lose weight? I feel my workouts are on point, my diet is on point, what's next for me do you guys think? And is losing 22 pounds in 5 weeks healthy?
      Eat clean, work out hard, and ride that out until the weight stops coming off.

I don't know how your body will react to keeping the regimen for another 5 weeks, but let your body tell you.

Good luck

Comment

You presumably do not wish to lose weight, you wish to lose fat. In order of preference you "ought to" wish to 1) lose fat while gaining muscle, 2) lose fat while neither gaining nor losing muscle, or 3) lose fat while losing muscle. Those are also listed in order of difficulty.

To stack the odds in your favor, 1) lose weight at a slow to moderate pace (no more than 2lbs/week), 2) keep dietary protein high (1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day), follow an effective resistance training program which covers all major muscle groups, and 4) if you do "cardio" or aerobic/steady-state exercise, choose forms that are low-impact (cycling, swimming, walking "uphill" on a treadmill, etc.) in order to reduce the catabolic effect of said exercise, and 5) keep the volume of such exercise low enough that it does not seem to reduce your ability to "make gains" in the weight room.
        Last edited by GelfSara; 04-07-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
          Get PlayStation VR. Then you can shadow box in a real time scenario. Or pretend you are an astronaut. Either way...fun times.
          Get a Wii and the boxing game for 30 quid

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
            You presumably do not wish to lose weight, you wish to lose fat. In order of preference you "ought to" wish to 1) lose fat while gaining muscle, 2) lose fat while neither gaining nor losing muscle, or 3) lose fat while losing muscle. Those are also listed in order of difficulty.

To stack the odds in your favor, 1) lose weight at a slow to moderate pace (no more than 2lbs/week), 2) keep dietary protein high (1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day), follow an effective resistance training program which covers all major muscle groups, and 4) if you do "cardio" or aerobic/steady-state exercise, choose forms that are low-impact (cycling, swimming, walking "uphill" on a treadmill, etc.) in order to reduce the catabolic effect of said exercise, and 5) keep the volume of such exercise low enough that it does not seem to reduce your ability to "make gains" in the weight room.
            Generally agree with this. Losing/gaining weight too fast leads to more problems, and yeah, ~2lbs/week is about the limit

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of weight real quick.

Comment

that is a lot of work bro, good for you.

all i can see is strength training. 2-3 days a week. maybe you cut down on running or swimming if you feel like you're overdoing it

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  that is a lot of work bro, good for you.

all i can see is strength training. 2-3 days a week. maybe you cut down on running or swimming if you feel like you're overdoing it
                  I think he should definitely do strength training. The cardio is a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
                    I think he should definitely do strength training. The cardio is a bit much.

everybody is different bro. if he's feeling ok i say why go crazy trying to fix a good thing? without a doubt his rate of weight loss will slow down, and probably has already. keep the train rolling and add in some light weight work. we can rebuild him. we have the technology!

Comment

Working...
                    X