Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 20 tries, would you be able to get a base hit against a MLB pitcher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A batting cage on the "major league" setting is laughably difficult. You won't make contact.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
      3 strikes = 1 try.

Lets say you have 6 months to train with a great hitting coach that has a hell of a reputation as he himself is a retired MLB player. He dedicates his entire time to you and you train pretty much everyday for those 6 months. In your training, you don't go against any MLB pitchers, but you are constantly at the baseball pitching machine.

It's showtime. Do you think you could get on base at least one time out of 20 tries?
      I gotta start giving you green K you come up with the most random and thought provoking polls and questions or situations.

Comment

Mlb pitchers are not magicians. Yes I know I can hit a few in 20 tries.

Put me in the ring with a pro boxer and I will say that he kicks my ass but if a baseball pitcher were to throw ball at me, I know I will hit that sht. No problem.

Comment

I would say no. You have to remember, you said a base hit. So this means touching 1st and being safe. And that also implies a legitimate base hit. No fielding error, or fielders choice. A full on base hit. So no.

Even making contact would be hard. You would probably be swinging at horrible pitches too. I don’t even think it has to be against a great pitcher. He could be throwing close to the dirt and you would swing. Your timing would be so off.

Even with training I think it would be hard. Maybe a few times you make some okay contact, but you’re not making any line drives to left field. Probably straight grounders, easy grounders, to 2nd base or shortstop. Routine plays for fielders type of stuff. Maybe a pop up to the pitcher. And you probably don’t have the wheels to beat out any throw to 1st.

I speak for myself, and the majority of posters here. The average guy, even with training and coaching, it’s not gonna happen. You’re talking about an MLB player just talk and show you some things in a batting cage and just throwing you in there. Going from training to the big leagues. It’s not like you get any time against semi pro league, or any of the A, AA, or AAA players. You’re going from no game situation, to the big time.

So that’s a big no, but I think some of us could put a ball or two in play.

Comment

Yes. Easy, take a step forward, get hit by the ball and go to first base.

With a bat? Nope, never.

Comment

Id love try and laugh about it when I fail lol but no chance. I may get lucky and ground out or pop out once but that's about it.

Comment

No. Not in 100 tries. They say the most difficult thing to do in all of sports is to hit a fastball in baseball. The ball crosses the plate in less than half a second from the time it’s released. Unless you were a star in high school or played at a college level, you’re not going to even come close to making contact. Especially if the pitcher is changing up his pitches and trying to get you out.

Comment

This premise is beyond stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
                    A batting cage on the "major league" setting is laughably difficult. You won't make contact.
                    Indeed. I can't make even contact with the machine at the highest speed setting. Not to begin on an actual base hit + the pitcher mixing it up + getting me off the base with some high and tight fastballs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X