No announcement yet.

Chuck Liddell tells Jon Jones he could ‘learn from a true legend’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Liddell tells Jon Jones he could ‘learn from a true legend’

Following Chuck Liddell’s announcement Monday on The MMA Hour that he is planning to end his retirement and return to active MMA competition, a feud between him and Jon Jones has been brewing.

The 48-year-old Liddell, who retired in 2010 following a wildly successful career in which he defended the UFC light heavyweight title multiple times and became one of the sport’s biggest stars, mentioned that he would like to face Jones someday, a suggestion that Jones did not take lightly.

In response to Chuck Liddell, Jon Jones says ‘come get it’
    As Liddell’s career wound down, it was Jones who eventually emerged as the man to beat at 205 pounds, though his career has been marred by legal problems outside of the cage and a pair of failed drug tests, the latest of which is still currently being dealt with and is threatening to sideline him for several years.

Jones poked fun at Liddell’s age among other things, and “The Iceman” responded to those comments on Tuesday:

"In all seriousness Chuck Liddell I appreciate your offer for a fight, but due to scheduling conflicts may not be able to fulfill till mid 2019. In the Upcoming months I have similarly lethal opponents in Ric Flair and George Foreman awaiting."

The full message from Liddell can be read below:

I figure it’s a good place for a youngin like u to learn from a true legend and champion on how to really fight and conduct your life inside and outside the ring champions101 #respect #integrity

While Liddell said that his current goal is to book a third fight with longtime rival Tito Ortiz, there is already plenty of heat being generated for a Jones bout, as unlikely as that is to happen.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-17-2018, 02:49 AM.

Fun fact: I saw him yesterday

Comment

I wonder who's the bigger cokehead between the two of them?

Comment

im a fan of chuck but jones would kill him at this point.

it wont even be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          I wonder who's the bigger cokehead between the two of them?
          chuck on that meth.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            chuck on that meth.
            A-side meth?

Comment

What will Jon learn? How to stick around too long and become punchy/end up with slurred speech?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                What will Jon learn? How to stick around too long and become punchy/end up with slurred speech?
                Jones beats him in half a round.

Comment

Jones would beat the **** out of a prime chuck never mind old man coke hoovering chuck snifff sniff

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Jones beats him in half a round.
                    Yep, unless it's a slurred speech contest, then it's Chuck by TKO or tapout.

Comment

Working...
                    X