Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's 50-0 attempt, ''doesn't take risks..'' so does he need Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's just waiting for those baldomirs to appear. then he pounces!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Believe so.

Eh I mean is it realllllly that hard to build up &/or justify a 2nd fight between the 2 biggest names of this era? I say no.

And lets be real there is probably a decent enough segment of fans who bought the shoulder story. Plus how many guys decide to buy the fight the one weekend or two before the fight after seeing some All Access/24 7 show, some solid ad for the fight or any of the numerous sound bites that end up on sports shows? I say enough to get them to 2M+ & I don't see any Floyd fight doing 2M+ besides Manny.
      Floyd has enough firepower to discredit the Vargas bout, and there are ways he could convince Pac fans that a II bout doesnt make sense Stylistically. and one already beat. I even mentioned before why would Floyd even do the same splits again given the way industry tried to discredit the first one. there's no way it even lists for $99.99. Has to be around $79.99, and about 75% wouldnt but it. Its very hard to convince even Pac fans that it would be different.

Alvarez 2 and Floyd for a Middleweight close is epic. Or, Gennady agrees to 154 as he publicized.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        there's no way it even lists for $99.99. Has to be around $79.99, and about 75% wouldnt but it. Its very hard to convince even Pac fans that it would be different.
        Idk about your 75% figure wouldn't buy it unless it was $20 cheaper, but sure I buy that they'd wanna lower the price to get more people purchasing the fight. And I think Pac fans will get real passionate real quick if the fight was made tomorrow. Don't discount the delusion of a particular boxer fans.

Alvarez 2 and Floyd for a Middleweight close is epic
        No way is Floyd vs Canelo II "epic". I'd argue Canelo has hurt his standing among fans, hardcore & casual, since the first fight with his lackluster competition &/or GBP protecting his record. Granted its not a small fight. Its a big fight. But I believe there is a similar problem you bring up with selling a Manny rematch with a Canelo rematch, but Canelo doesn't have the crossover appeal of Manny yet to help out that situation.

And the MW title angle isn't THAT big or appealing to fans. Everyone is hip to the bs & corruption with titles in boxing. They hold less allure than they ever have.

Comment

He'll fight the winner of Canelo vs GGG. Been saying it for awhile.

Comment

Was Floyd happy during Pac vs Vargas as he was with Garcia vs Guerrero? Was he ''in the game'' when he saw Broner vs Theopane?

At this point, May vs Alvarez 2 will bring more hype. Golovkin at 154?

''Make Cinco De Mayweather Great AGain!''
            Please explain what the hell this thread is about because both the title and the post sound like a bunch of nonsense written by a second grader!

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              Please explain what the hell this thread is about because both the title and the post sound like a bunch of nonsense written by a second grader!
              Welcome to the jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Idk about your 75% figure wouldn't buy it unless it was $20 cheaper, but sure I buy that they'd wanna lower the price to get more people purchasing the fight. And I think Pac fans will get real passionate real quick if the fight was made tomorrow. Don't discount the delusion of a particular boxer fans.

No way is Floyd vs Canelo II "epic". I'd argue Canelo has hurt his standing among fans, hardcore & casual, since the first fight with his lackluster competition &/or GBP protecting his record. Granted its not a small fight. Its a big fight. But I believe there is a similar problem you bring up with selling a Manny rematch with a Canelo rematch, but Canelo doesn't have the crossover appeal of Manny yet to help out that situation.

And the MW title angle isn't THAT big or appealing to fans. Everyone is hip to the bs & corruption with titles in boxing. They hold less allure than they ever have.
                Given the circumstances, may vs pac 2 does 1.6 mil this time around.

Alvarez vs Mayweather 2 does 2.6 million for the Middleweight strap and 50-0.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't make sense of it.

Comment

floyd will come back for the 50th against manny, it makes the most sense right now for his final opponent which would be his 2nd highest pay day and to secure his legacy even more if manny was truely 'easy work' also would give manny a chance to prove his shoulder was a factor in their first bout. talk all the **** you want, but you all know you'll end up buying it to see 2 atgs at it again!!

Comment

Given the circumstances, may vs pac 2 does 1.6 mil this time around.

Alvarez vs Mayweather 2 does 2.6 million for the Middleweight strap and 50-0.
                      LOL wait wait wait.

Is that 1.6M at $80 or $100? Cuz based on your 75% figure you're saying May vs Pac 2 at $100 would do 400,000 buys or that May vs Pac 2 at $80 would do 6.4M buys. And both those numbers are nuts. Obviously May vs Pac 2 isn't doing better than the 1st fight PPV-wise, but its not going as low as 400k over $20 either.

No way does Floyd vs Canelo II do more buys than the first fight. Canelo hasn't done anything since Floyd realllllly & his Floyd bump wasn't anything like Floyd's & Manny's Oscar bump. Although to be fair both Floyd & Manny won while Canelo lost so thats probably part of the reason he got no bump.

I think the main place you're mistaken is thinking people, mostly casuals mind you as the hardcores are gonna be on board at the same clip as usual, care about a MW belt being added to a rematch of a rather uneventful first bout. Its for sure gonna enhance Floyd's legacy, but I just don't see it doing all that much for the show's profits. Casuals care less about belts than hardcores. I'd even suggest that one of the reason some people are casuals now instead of hardcore fans still is because of all the confusion with all the belts & champions & rankings & alphabet groups.

Comment

Working...
                      X