Will anyone ever surpass Floyd's skill?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe crawford

Comment

I doubt anyone will his legend will only grow with time if he stays retired.

Comment

Human evolution? wtf are you talking about?

Humans do not reproduce (thus selected) by their boxing skills.

If anything, humans will be weaker and weaker since we live in a technologic world.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there have been more skilled and will be more skilled to come. SRL showed more against better.

Sweat Pea/Chavez=more against better.............

Comment

The thought that people think that Floyd Mayweather is the most skilled boxer ever is amazing to me!
            It shows that the current era fans only know a tiny segment of the history of boxing.
            He did not innovate a thing inside the ring, he took an old school style of posturing and used for defensive purposes, that's it! They act as if he "invented" the shoulder roll! As a younger man he did have excellent skills and over all talent but after moving to welter he became the best "promoter, matchmaker and hype salesman" in the sport!
            There are no boxing fans who regard him as anywhere near TBE only his fanboys preach that dribble.
            Here's a guy who runs like a track star and has sold that style to his fans as boxing. There's nothing wrong with lateral movement but eventually your supposed to take over a fight and show dominance.
            I rate him high in the top 15 at 130lbs but at welterweight he gets dominated by the real greats!
            You know all the men that would handle him are on film, why not watch and actually learn something instead of being a follower of a fellow who only fought "Twelve" fights at welterweight, YES 12 fights! hahahaha!
            I think four of the 12 bouts were against super lightweights and former lightweight champs and contenders!

This guy's best wins were against fighters who were beyond there best and everyone knows that. Very good boxer? Yes! Great fighter? No Way!

Twelve Fights!!!!!!! 49-0 over all as a welter 12-0

Sugar Ray Robinson went 80-0 TWICE!!!

Time for the Floyd fanboys to study the history of the sport!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
              I mean the only area that he lacked was real one punch ko power

But other than that he had it all, I loved watching him style on fools

With human evolution I guess one day well see a guy with more skills but I can't even imagine that
              HaHa, Sweet Pea, Sugar, Ali and a few more were better without selecting opponents who enhanced their strengths for the viewers.

Say what you like, but Floyd lost a close fight to Castillo and won a close fight with Maidana. Neither of those guys are classed as elite, just decent contenders who rattled Floyd in separate areas of his career.

Can't imagine a guy with better skills indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                The thought that people think that Floyd Mayweather is the most skilled boxer ever is amazing to me!
                It shows that the current era fans only know a tiny segment of the history of boxing.
                He did not innovate a thing inside the ring, he took an old school style of posturing and used for defensive purposes, that's it! They act as if he "invented" the shoulder roll! As a younger man he did have excellent skills and over all talent but after moving to welter he became the best "promoter, matchmaker and hype salesman" in the sport!
                There are no boxing fans who regard him as anywhere near TBE only his fanboys preach that dribble.
                Here's a guy who runs like a track star and has sold that style to his fans as boxing. There's nothing wrong with lateral movement but eventually your supposed to take over a fight and show dominance.
                I rate him high in the top 15 at 130lbs but at welterweight he gets dominated by the real greats!
                You know all the men that would handle him are on film, why not watch and actually learn something instead of being a follower of a fellow who only fought "Twelve" fights at welterweight, YES 12 fights! hahahaha!
                I think four of the 12 bouts were against super lightweights and former lightweight champs and contenders!

This guy's best wins were against fighters who were beyond there best and everyone knows that. Very good boxer? Yes! Great fighter? No Way!

Twelve Fights!!!!!!! 49-0 over all as a welter 12-0

Sugar Ray Robinson went 80-0 TWICE!!!

Time for the Floyd fanboys to study the history of the sport!

Ray
                Floyd may not be TBE but definitely more skilled than the prime of his generation. SRL, Sweet Pea, hell even SRR were better boxers by far yet in the era Floyd competed in he was better than most skill wise. True pure fighters gave him hell but in terms of outright skill he had more. Also, i dont know how he was a track star and practically never lost a round. He would have to stand still at some point and punch no? Running is what De la Hoya did in the last round of the Trinidad fight. Oh and so you know the shoulder roll he uses is a modified Philly Shell, not original but used effectively (look at Broner/Berto for how its done wrong). Lastly, im a fan of the sport, not of any particular boxer so I am in no way a "Floyd fanboy"

Comment

I love rigo but no he doesn't have more skill than floyd

Comment

one punch knock out power and a good jaw aren't skills man........

Comment

Of all the young fighters from around the world while watching WSB and the Olympics, I would say Robeisy Ramirez has that type of ability but will we ever seen him as a pro becomes the question

2 Olympic Gold Medals at the age of 22 that is IMPRESSIVE!

Comment

Working...
                      X