No announcement yet.

Hatton: My depression began after fighting Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Honestly I respect Hatton but he was never that good. He was like a Lucian Bute imo, and depression is a tool of the devil, Hatton should try going to church.
    He did go to Church. The Church of Crack and Liquor.

Comment

The fan base really has been a double edged sword off sorts for Ricky. He understood that in part we we're all living a little vicariously through him and his concept of that whilst once a motivator and an inspiration morphed into a guilt ridden burden when he tasted defeat.

So much of his self identity as a man was wrapped around his sporting identity that once the second had been punctured his concept of self collapsed from under him. He wasn't the fighter that he thought he was. Nearly all boxers have to deal with that moment but for Ricky that was compounded tenfold by the sense that he'd let us all down.

He's not been able to rebuild himself from that yet. He'll find it very difficult to do so until he acknowledges that we weren't following him because we felt he was unbeatable, we were following him because we felt he was one of us. That means taking his losses on the chin like the rest of us and moving forward regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        He did go to Church. The Church of Crack and Liquor.
        lol, theres only 1 Ricky Crackton

Comment

my depression started after watching floyd mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            Why didn't you take steps to alleviate your condition?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              did you ever try to kill yourself like Hatton? If so, call me if floyd returns. I am always compelled to help people I know achieve their goals.

Comment

He hit his head pretty hard on that turnbuckle. He probably got a concussion.

Comment

dont let the guys on pacland see this. they take some kind of pride in claiming pac ruined hatton

Comment

It was obvious. All he could do after that L was talk about Floyd pretty much 24/7.

Comment

Well thats obvious, he ran him into a turnbuckle and took his 0

Comment

Working...
                      X