Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 times more Lebanese origin folk live outside Lebanon then within it...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Not really sure what you're looking for.
    in your own personal experience.... good encounter, bad encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamanism View Post
      in your own personal experience.... good encounter, bad encounter.
      It's a pretty vague question, to be honest.

People are people pretty much. But of course, there are various cultural differences.

But if you aren't more specific it's pretty hard to answer.

Comment

It's a pretty vague question, to be honest.

People are people pretty much. But of course, there are various cultural differences.

But if you aren't more specific it's pretty hard to answer.

because it seems like every country have their owned labele, stereotype.
        for example, this country is more laid back than that country. etc

Comment

Originally posted by Shamanism View Post
          because it seems like every country have their owned labele, stereotype.
          for example, this country is more laid back than that country. etc
          Well, basically just like I said before. Japanese people are usually very shy toward people they don't already know. From an American's perspective, it can seem as though they are being quite rude. But it isn't that at all. If you can simply break the ice, suddenly they are all smiles, and extremely friendly. It is just a cultural thing, and nothing less.

Another anecdote, one thing which in fact bugs the hell out of me, but when there is some food or some snacks or something to go around, Japanese people will pass it all around, and ask every person, "would you not like to eat this? will you not have some?"

In the US, we'd just say "hey, there's some chips and dip over here, help yourself."

But what I've come to realize, is that in Japan it is rude to take. Hence the offerings.

For me, this is an annoying and tedious situation. But, having come to an understanding of the reasoning behind it, it makes it less so.
          Last edited by Drunken Cat; 10-20-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Well, basically just like I said before. Japanese people are usually very shy toward people they don't already know. From an American's perspective, it can seem as though they are being quite rude. But it isn't that at all. If you can simply break the ice, suddenly they are all smiles, and extremely friendly. It is just a cultural thing, and nothing less.

Another anecdote, one thing which in fact bugs the hell out of me, but when there is some food or some snacks or something to go around, Japanese people will pass it all around, and ask every person, "would you not like to eat this? will you not have some?"

In the US, we'd just say "hey, there's some chips and dip over here, help yourself."

But what I've come to realize, is that in Japan it is rude to take. Hence the offerings.

For me, this is an annoying and tedious situation. But, having come to an understanding of the reasoning behind it, it makes it less so.

now im satisfied.

also i notice they sit on the floor when they are eating.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              Cause Lebanon sucks
              it does suck, bad

Comment

Here's a recent talk by David Harvey. I was just watching it, but thought I'd post it.

Do yourself a favor and skip to 8:30 or 9:00. The introducer is abysmal, and the beginning of the presentation is just playing to the crowd, and not relevant or interesting for the youtube viewer.

Comment

My first girl was Lebanese..

5 8, long legs and thin waste but she had a humongous ass and the most powerful eyes I ever seen. To this day I'm still in love with her.

Comment

Working...
                  X