No announcement yet.

[Twitter Wars] Kevin Iole and Oscar De La Hoya Exchange Over Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
    they are both right. . . but notice how DLH didn't have a response to "make the canelo/kirkland" fight?

look, ALL PROMOTORS are exactly the same .. . . they WILL make the best fights, but only when they feel the time is right to maximize profit off one fighter. . .

i mean, come on, it's not like arum hasn't put on MANY, MANY excellent fights. . .

but im not condoning his actions either. . . but all promotors keep in-house if they can, and "guide" their fighters and milk them as much as possible.
    True, but I think the envirnment changes when we are talking about a fight of this magnitude. This fight is boxing history in the making. Like the war between the 4 kings in the 80s. It has to happen or it hurts the sport as a whole

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
      True, but I think the envirnment changes when we are talking about a fight of this magnitude. This fight is boxing history in the making. Like the war between the 4 kings in the 80s. It has to happen or it hurts the sport as a whole
      The difference was that Hagler/Hearns, Leonard/Hearns, Hagler/Leonard, Duran/Leonard all were in-house Top Rank fights.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
        The difference was that Hagler/Hearns, Leonard/Hearns, Hagler/Leonard, Duran/Leonard all were in-house Top Rank fights.
        damn i just realized that

so don king wasn't involved in those fights?

Comment

Working...
        X