Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Messi make himself an all time great in the next month?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish Hitman View Post
    Messi is 23 he has at least 2 more world cups in him or 3, so he can make it a stepping stone to greatness using this tournie and come out better in next 2. But i think he'll stand out in this Cup
    And Torres, always shines on the big stage
    This I agree with.
    He is still very young

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
      Messi is a phenomenon, and will probably surpass Zidane and (real) Ronaldo as the greatest players of the last 15 years. And maybe one day enter the pantheon of those true greats. But let's get things straight - Maradona is the greatest.

I don't think we are ever going to see a player with so much genius, finesse and extreme levels of skill ever again. Platini said it best; "what Zidane can do with a ball, Maradona could do with an orange".

Maradona doesn't need to sabotage Messi's peformance because Messi will never overtake Diego.
      Never overtake Maradona? Of course he can......

Comment

World cups don't make or break players careers IMO.

Messi will always be a better player for his club then his country IMO, and the same goes for most of the world class players around ATM.

They don't bring there club form to there national side. It's a fact.

Comment

Maradona rose from the slums to make two world cup finals. won one and lost the other. I don't mean slums like, "oh houses in Queens are slums" but little shacks made out of corrugated steel and wood. He is also one of the few Argentinian players who had native blood.

That takes some beating. Messi has a disability. I can't remember what it is now but he got taken to Barcelona as a teen and went through their youth system.

They have different kinds of greatness already. If Messi wins two world cups he beats Maradona on stats, but there'll be arguments!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
            World cups don't make or break players careers IMO.

Messi will always be a better player for his club then his country IMO, and the same goes for most of the world class players around ATM.

They don't bring there club form to there national side. It's a fact.
            Course it does, Pele didn't do **** in his club career, he never left Brazil.

Comment

Altidore is going to be more impressive than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                Altidore is going to be more impressive than him.
                Thats a ******ed thing to say

Comment

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
                  Maradona rose from the slums to make two world cup finals. won one and lost the other. I don't mean slums like, "oh houses in Queens are slums" but little shacks made out of corrugated steel and wood. He is also one of the few Argentinian players who had native blood.

That takes some beating. Messi has a disability. I can't remember what it is now but he got taken to Barcelona as a teen and went through their youth system.

They have different kinds of greatness already. If Messi wins two world cups he beats Maradona on stats, but there'll be arguments!
                  he had some growth disorder, no? and i heard that the spanish national team had asked messi if he wanted to be apart of the team since he's been in spain for a long time.

can you imagine?

Comment

Originally posted by .PrettyBoy32. View Post
                    Course it does, Pele didn't do **** in his club career, he never left Brazil.
                    that's cause the brazilian gov made him a national treasure so he couldn't leave

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHAΩMEGA View Post
                      he had some growth disorder, no? and i heard that the spanish national team had asked messi if he wanted to be apart of the team since he's been in spain for a long time.

can you imagine?
                      He had a growth disorder they put him on growth hormones,
                      He could of died, But he did for the love of football.
                      He seemingly went through a lot of pain when he was going through the course of growth hormones, he just said at home allday playing fifa on his playstation.

He is one of a kind and someday he will go down as an ATG won't be this year though

Comment

Working...
                      X