Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir fights on April 16 and Manny fights on May 7. How will Roach/Ariza train them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir fights on April 16 and Manny fights on May 7. How will Roach/Ariza train them?

Amir's fight will be on the 16th of April and Pacquiao's fight will be on the 7th of May. How will Freddie Roach and Alex Ariza train them?

Amir will start his 8 week-training camp in mid February while Pacquiao will start his training camp in early March.

But I'm seeing two problems here:

1. Pacquiao will most likely spend the first 4 weeks of his training camp in The Philippines. This will be a problem for Amir because weeks 3-7 are crucial and I do not think Amir will get the best preparation in The Philippines. There will be much less diverse sparring partners there which means Amir won't get the best sparring.

2. What will Roach and Ariza do on the fight week of Amir's fight? Will they go along with Amir to the UK and leave Pacquiao with their replacements for a week or will they stay with Pacquiao in America? I don't see Pacquiao going to the UK for a week. How will they manage this?

IMO Freddie should demand Pacquiao to have the full 8 week-training camp in the USA.

Amir will go where Pacquiao goes to train, or else he'll work with an assistant coach in Roach's absence.

Freddie has stated numerous times that Pacquiao's needs get priority over all other fighters he trains.

As for Amirs fight, Freddie has left camp when others guys have fights. I remember he was in whatshisname's corner against whatshisname (Juanma?) like a week before the Cotto matchup?

EDIT: It was Gerry Penalosa against Juanma, just days before the Hatton fight.
    Last edited by paulf; 01-11-2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Amir will go where Pacquiao goes to train, or else he'll work with an assistant coach in Roach's absence.

Freddie has stated numerous times that Pacquiao's needs get priority over all other fighters he trains.

As for Amirs fight, Freddie has left camp when others guys have fights. I remember he was in whatshisname's corner against whatshisname (Juanma?) like a week before the Cotto matchup?

EDIT: It was Gerry Penalosa against Juanma, just days before the Hatton fight.
      yeah but Amir is no Gerry Penalosa aka 'whats his name', .

Comment

just spar with each other i guess?

amir helps pac build up his speed...

pac, am not sure, helps amir build up his chin... haha

Comment

yea they can help each other and do the fitness sessions with ariza together.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
            Amir's fight will be on the 16th of April and Pacquiao's fight will be on the 7th of May. How will Freddie Roach and Alex Ariza train them?

Amir will start his 8 week-training camp in mid February while Pacquiao will start his training camp in early March.

But I'm seeing two problems here:

1. Pacquiao will most likely spend the first 4 weeks of his training camp in The Philippines. This will be a problem for Amir because weeks 3-7 are crucial and I do not think Amir will get the best preparation in The Philippines. There will be much less diverse sparring partners there which means Amir won't get the best sparring.

nah man,this time pac is spending a full camp at the wild card,sure its been arranged already

2. What will Roach and Ariza do on the fight week of Amir's fight? Will they go along with Amir to the UK and leave Pacquiao with their replacements for a week or will they stay with Pacquiao in America? I don't see Pacquiao going to the UK for a week. How will they manage this?

i guess some one else will go with khan to Uk,freddie will stay and train manny as the more important fighter with the bigger fight.

IMO Freddie should demand Pacquiao to have the full 8 week-training camp in the USA.

definately right here,he slacked off in his last one,only got ready whilst back for that short time in the wild card. he was not 100% last time vs margairto,and thats a scary thought for mosley!

Comment

easy...... ariza just have to stock up on them steriods thats it! bye

Comment

Didn't Freddie say he doesn't want Manny training in the Phillipines anymore because he gets too distracted with politics and his other commitments.

Comment

Working...
                X