No announcement yet.

Most Controversial Decisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Controversial Decisions

Besides the Ward/Kovalev fight, what other boxing decisions have been controversial? Have any ever been contested and reversed?

Jack/DeGale
    Chisora/Whyte
    Jack/Bute
    Medina/DeGale
    Hooker/Perez
    McDonnel/Solis
    Ruiz/Parker
    Cuadras/Gonzalez
    Bradley/Pacquio1

Comment

Hearns vs Leonard 1989 Tommy won that fight and was given a draw! Bad decision and even though they were past their best it should have been a victory for Tommy and Leonard's second defeat!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Hearns vs Leonard 1989 Tommy won that fight and was given a draw! Bad decision and even though they were past their best it should have been a victory for Tommy and Leonard's second defeat!

Ray
        What about Hagler vs Leonard? I thought that could have gone any way

Comment

Hagler/Leonard was a close fight and could be judged a win for both.
          Leonard/Hearn's 2 was NOT a close fight, Tommy dropped Ray twice and had him hurt a few times. Hearn's got screwed that's all there is to it.
          Ray

Comment

My lifetime, the biggest debates

Holmes-spinks 2
            Leonard-hearns 2
            Leonard-hearns
            Chavez-Taylor
            Oscar-Tito
            Oscar-Shane 2
            Floyd-Castillo
            Manny-Bradley

Those have been discussed too many times, and always start huge debates

Comment

Leonard/Hearn's 2 was NOT a close fight, Tommy dropped Ray twice and had him hurt a few times. Hearn's got screwed that's all there is to it.
              Ray
              Leonard hearns 2, I always thought you can make a case for Leonard winning 7 rds but the 2 knockdowns make it 113-113.

Comment

im positive most on my list were already mentioned

pac - timmy 1
                dlh - tito
                dlh - ssm
                may - jlc 1
                hagler - srl
                pea - ramirez
                pea - jcc
                pac - jmm 1

Comment

There have been so many...

Comment

Ray
                    What I remember most from that fight was 2 instances where Leonard was beating Hearns up so bad it could have easily been stopped by the referee.

By some miracle Hearns was able to stay on his feet, but those beatings he took from Leonard were more significant than the knockdowns he scored on Leonard imo and they should have been scored 10-8 rounds, if they weren't.

Comment

Working...
                    X