No announcement yet.

Will anyone ever surpass Floyd's skill?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    The same guy that gets put on his ass by journeyman? And Pernell didn't possess as many skills as Floyd imo and I'm a Sweet Pea fan. The hate for Floyd is on another level. I guess his persona and woman beating made it that way though.
    What the hell does a knock down have to do with anything. It means nothing. Trinidad has been downed by many and 99% of the time he came back and obliterated the offender. It's boxing and those who take risk are subject to get dropped. What's important is what they do after.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      What skills does Floyd have that Pernell Didn't?

I can list a skill Pernell had that Floyd doesn't. Showmanship.
      And a pair of balls. Sweet pea fought Trinidad when he was a gangsta beast. Sweet Got his jaw broke but got props from me forever

Comment

What skills does Floyd have that Pernell Didn't?

I can list a skill Pernell had that Floyd doesn't. Showmanship.
        Floyd has superior balance, controls range better, and though he's not known as a puncher has stopped more people than Pernell did. Showmanship is not a skill. People think being flashy and showy in the ring makes you better when it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Floyd has superior balance, controls range better, and though he's not known as a puncher has stopped more people than Pernell did. Showmanship is not a skill. People think being flashy and showy in the ring makes you better when it doesn't.
          Floyd has better balance? Umm... have you seen Pernell? You dont move like that without balance...

Showmanship discourages your opponents and gets in their head. Floyd lets the crowd booing get in his opponents head. Effective strategy. He is the greatest to ever employ it.

Comment

Adrian Broner IMO.

Comment

Pernell Whittaker's defensive capabilities at their absolute best were better than Floyd's.

Comment

Floyd has better balance? Umm... have you seen Pernell? You dont move like that without balance...

Showmanship discourages your opponents and gets in their head. Floyd lets the crowd booing get in his opponents head. Effective strategy. He is the greatest to ever employ it.
                Floyd has never been officially knocked down while Pernell has multiple times in fewer fights. Floyd may not be flashy like Roy or Pernell or Leonard but he is far more cerebral which makes him not as pleasing to the eye but more difficult to beat. I'll take being cerebral over being a showman.

Comment

Working...
                X